Passed PIC checkride at Netjets!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
beytzim said:
Well, folks, it is true what they say: People do upgrade quick at Netjets.

I just passed the PIC checkride yesterday. My new hire date is less than 90 days ago. Yep, I've been here less than 3 months.

From my understanding, I'm affecting the pay of almost 100 other pilots. (I like Stoli's - thank you.)

The training program is great over here. As long as you study hard and have good part 135 jet captain experience, it's straight forward. Then again if you are 91, 121 experienced, you may struggle!

When it comes down to it, it's up to each individual. The Upgrade program really demands a lot - but if you study hard - you'll do well.

Good Luck! (I'm going partying!)

Congrats brother!!! Drink one for me. I'm in the pen for day 5 of 6!!!

gump

"Trust me, initial training at the airlines is no piece of cake either! Just ask any new hire sometime. "

Yep I did the 767/757 type as a new hire. But pilots are all alike.

How many times have you heard someone describing their career based on the number of type ratings or the fact they have no pink slips. Or our training department is tougher than yours...LOL

At the end of my career, I would rather brag about the fact no one got hurt either up front or in the back, ultimately that is all that matters.

Congrats, fly safe,
Humble

Humblepilot said:
"Trust me, initial training at the airlines is no piece of cake either! Just ask any new hire sometime. "

Yep I did the 767/757 type as a new hire. But pilots are all alike.

How many times have you heard someone describing their career based on the number of type ratings or the fact they have no pink slips. Or our training department is tougher than yours...LOL

At the end of my career, I would rather brag about the fact no one got hurt either up front or in the back, ultimately that is all that matters.

Congrats, fly safe,
Humble

You must be a liberal!!! Bleeding heart, that is.....hehe

Humblepilot said:

WHOOP WHOOP PULL UP THREAD DRIFT!!!!

Remember. It was ALL a right wing conspiracy...<BG>

Humble

CORRECTING!!

You know, there are some people that don't take advice when its given. Further, they choose to ignore the advice and instead insult the person.

I have 91, 121, and 135 time. I may not have 15,000 hours or 10 type ratings, but I can still try to give advice in the most humble way.

Here's the point: 121 guys have a more difficult time at Netjets because of:
1. New regs to learn
2. Learning how to operate at uncontrolled fields and a plethora of scenarios that the 121 world never touches.
3. Flying new aircraft that are advanced and powereful (the X etc.)
4. There is a lot more involved in the crew decision making process compared to the 121 world.

I am NOT insulting the 121 world at all. Netjets just plays with a different set of rules that SOME 121 guys have trouble acclimating to. I'm sure the same thing happens when ex-135 guys go to 121 airlines.

Anyway, just happy to be a Captain in the best bizjet company in the world!

beytzim

(And oh by the way, I flew CV-600/640s in a scheduled 121 airline)

PIC ride at EJA...

I'm not sure if I can say that my 121 training was slack, but I'm sure it was comparable to EJA, or for that matter one of my many other jobs....and can I make a comment.. I LOVE the UPS CAPT's delivery guy....the best!!!

Beytizm,
Congrats on the ride.
The simple fact that you studied and had the right attitude is why you passed your ride. The company is not in the habit of passing anyone because of prior experience. I do not want to slam you or anyone else, but the way to pass a ride at NJA ,or any company is to study, listen, and a positive attitude.
Best of luck.

I will say this about NJA, we have an execellent training program. However, I would advise the new hires here not to jump the gun just to be captain. Checkride is one thing, the line is another. Get to know the company before you jump into the seat. Hell the flying here is the easy part.

beytzim,
Congrats on the upgrade. If you would, send me a private email with the dates you finished your type ride, a.c. in flight training, and your date of hire. I have been with the company awhile now, +4 months, and am awaiting captain pay in fact due to your upgrade. I think I may have slipped through the cracks for the up in pay. Thanks a lot and continued success.

Latest resources

Back