Passed PIC checkride at Netjets!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

beytzim

Well, folks, it is true what they say: People do upgrade quick at Netjets.

I just passed the PIC checkride yesterday. My new hire date is less than 90 days ago. Yep, I've been here less than 3 months.

From my understanding, I'm affecting the pay of almost 100 other pilots. (I like Stoli's - thank you.)

The training program is great over here. As long as you study hard and have good part 135 jet captain experience, it's straight forward. Then again if you are 91, 121 experienced, you may struggle!

When it comes down to it, it's up to each individual. The Upgrade program really demands a lot - but if you study hard - you'll do well.

Good Luck! (I'm going partying!)

...Then again if you are 91, 121 experienced, you may struggle!

Care to elaborate on what you mean by that?

Judging from your profile, you haven't experienced 121 training. Take it from someone who's done all three, 121 is like no other.

Last edited:
Bye the profile, it looks like he is probably in the hawker 800xp.

Congrats on passing the pic ride.

1900cpt

"The training program is great over here. As long as you study hard and have good part 135 jet captain experience, it's straight forward. Then again if you are 91, 121 experienced, you may struggle! "

I am going take his remark to mean that if you already have 135 experience and knowledge you can focus on just the airplane.

If it was meant as airline dig, I will let yall deal with him...<bg>

Humble

UUpgrade at Netjets

The training at Ntjets is tough. After going through indoc and company training with three retired captains from United and Continental all three stated that the training we are forced to undure is much harder than anything they had done. Take it for what it s worth. Its my opinion that if you pass an upgrade checkride at Netjets your doing something right!

Yeah I beg to differ about 121 training. It may be tough at some places. But my experience at PDT was anything but good. It was tuff because you had to teach yourself everything. The instructor didn't do anything except read the book to you and didn't do that very good. We were told twice if you are here to learn something think again. So it was pretty much teach yourself or else. I left during ground school for something better. Which I didn't regret one bit. After everthing that's going on over there and the ground school it sucked just the little time I was there.

I am going take his remark to mean that if you already have 135 experience and knowledge you can focus on just the airplane.

Humblepilot,

135 isn't all that different from 121 that it would be a problem during training. I've flown under all the FAR's at some point in my career and never had much problem adapting. Since most initial training focuses on company op specs and procedures and finally aircraft sysytems, I just didn't understand what the original poster was getting at.

After going through indoc and company training with three retired captains from United and Continental all three stated that the training we are forced to undure is much harder than anything they had done.

Lrjet55,

That doesn't mean a whole lot. These "retired" Capt's had probably been flying the same aircraft, over the same routes and airports, for many years prior to retiring from their respective airline. A person, by that time, tends to forget how much work and how difficult it was initially until they're presented with a totally new challenge. Not to mention that many of them probably hadn't had to seriously crack a book in quite a while. Now they have to learn a brand new aircraft along with new op specs and procedures for a whole new company. Trust me, initial training at the airlines is no piece of cake either! Just ask any new hire sometime.

Anyway, I'm getting way off the original poster's subject. Congrats on the recent upgrade.

FL000 said:
Judging from your profile, you haven't experienced 121 training. Take it from someone who's done all three, 121 is like no other.

Yea, 121 is a piece of cake!!!!! Op specs are op specs are op specs.........etc.....

The more we are regulated, ie. 121, the less decisions we have to make during a given flight. When its FAR Part 91, the parameters are widened quite significantly. This requires the upmost in pilot judgement and decisivness.

gump

Former 121 puke - 8 years

Latest resources

Back