Passed my Re-check at TSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats!

I took another job before I had to go back for recurrent. Got on with a carrier that operated 180 degrees from the status quo at TSA. A lot seems to have changed since then, and from what I hear it is for the best (at least from a checkride standpoint.)

Yup standard stuff here at TSA....their training department lacks ....for sure not the instructors but its not setup as it should be very do it yourself. Not to say that any 121 program has a level of do it yourself and self study! If you dont understand stuff on IOE ask questions lots of questions...Congrats on the recheck!

Cheers,
Stinker

Congrats RC! I don't care what anybody else says. TSA training is harder than a lot of others. You should be proud you made it through at all. The bad news is that now you work at Trans States.

The only good thing is that passing training here may make you a little more marketable when you go to apply at a real regional.

A buddy of mine took two attempts to pass at TSA. Later he went to interview at one of the "good" regionals and was asked about failed checkrides. He started to mention what happen at Trans States and before he could get the rest of the story out, the interviewer laughed and said, "oh yeah don't worry about that. We've heard all about that place." He got the job and managed to escape. Good luck!

RCBulluck: You live in Houston? Then what the Hell are you doing at a place like TSA? You should have gone to XJT, hometown airline, live in your base. What'sa matter you?????????

I don't want to bust anyone on this, but in 18 years of airline flying and 3 121 jobs I can honestly say that that sounds fairly normal. At my first jet job we had to practically learn to build a 727 in three weeks. The oral was givin by crusty old flight engineers who hated pilots and you thought you got off easy if it was over in 3 hours. My point? Study hard. Make friends with your Sim partner. Co-operate and graduate. Then, get out on the line and have some fun flying. Lord knows that operating the A/C is the only good thing left in this buisness.

Jet

Latest resources

Back