• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passed my Re-check at TSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What did he do to you? If you don't want someone who has failed a training event at TSA to fly your loved ones, better not put them on TSA.

Congrats rc.

Settle down JR.....you haven't been to a TSA training event yet.

I heard from a friend that flies there that you are pretty much on your own all through training. They don't give you any help and if you fail its out the door you go. Are they that big of Nazi's in the training dept?

We were told on out first day director of training. "Red tab, Pink Tabs read them every night."
We were told by ground instructors and our sim instructor. "We're not here to help you with the oral"

Last time I checked, most airlines leave it solely up to the pilots to pass their own rides. Hell, we wanted to be professional pilots. If you can sit down and read the manuals, take what they have told in class that day. Then why should you be in the industry?

I know it isn't for the big cash.

They're not going to be like your CFI back in the day, sticking around after hours to help you, and calling you to make sure you've studied.

Some people are lucky these days that the companies are allowing retakes on rides.

Last edited:
Get real close with your SIM partner and things will work out but if you aren't studying harder than you ever have - then you are relying on a DE that hates his job as much - as much as you will yours in due time-to decide your resume for the future......

BUT the industry knows the "reputation" that the TSA training department has.

ALSO.....our Mentoring Program in place there is one of the best respected guys in the company. He will explain things over at HIS house on HIS dime and his wife will probably feed ya too !! He made a paper tiger in his basement (yup his dime)....if anybody in training says to himself ahhh I should be ok - CALL HIM ASAP.

It is easier to fix it BEFORE the 1st checkride than to try to recover after.

Good luck.....get your minimum time required there and BOLT...........

FRANK WAS RIGHT !!!!!!

Some people are lucky these days that the companies are allowing retakes on rides.[/quote]

What about the programs that train to proficiency. A few regionals, and majors. Never hear about those. Their are those that haven't and those who will. You seriously think in your pro career you won't have a bad day? I doubt that.

Some people are lucky these days that the companies are allowing retakes on rides.

What about the programs that train to proficiency. A few regionals, and majors. Never hear about those. Their are those that haven't and those who will. You seriously think in your pro career you won't have a bad day? I doubt that.[/quote]

We were told that in ground as well. If you can't do it right the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time. Then they will just teach you until you can do it. Not the case. But yes, I have heard airlines are doing special training, based around their Op's Specs.

I think after we were told this, some guys figured they were in. They're no longer here.

They even broke up the check ride into 3 seperate events. after your first 3 sim sessions, you need to complete the Validation Procedures : Flows, call outs, memeory items profiles and what not.

Then you're 2 more sim sessions and you have Maneuvers Validations : V1 cuts, single engine approaches. CAT II's as NFP ( since FO's are allowed to shoot them in real life) single apprach missed, no flappers and a couple other manuevers.

Then there is the LOFT and then the LOE....which is your checkride.

Sure guys have a bad day, get nervous on the checkride. But where is the line you draw, when you're pushing people through, just to get guys online? (not refering to the poster of this thread)

Latest resources

Back