Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rcbullock

Here's the big secret:

Know your flows, callouts, memory items and limitations COLD before the sim. So cold, you can do them at any time if I were to jump out at you and say 'After Landing Flow' you could do it, then, '10000' climbing flow' and you'd rattle off that.

'2 Engine Go around callouts!' (for BOTH PNF and PF)

The problem IMHO is getting all that memorized in the short amount of time that you have.

1st day of class to my first checkride was 51 days. I wasn't quite ready. With the two extra sims and a week to study more, I was.

If you come here, just get with someone and study study study. It's doable but it will take a lot of work on your part. They don't hold your hand at all. Frankly, there are cheap or free things they could do but don't IMHO.

Use the mentors. JB (GB?) the guy who holds classes in his basement is the man. Why he doesn't work in the training department, I'll never understand, but I think it's a union thing.

Questions?

Here's the big secret:

Know your flows, callouts, memory items and limitations COLD before the sim. So cold, you can do them at any time if I were to jump out at you and say 'After Landing Flow' you could do it, then, '10000' climbing flow' and you'd rattle off that.

'2 Engine Go around callouts!' (for BOTH PNF and PF)

The problem IMHO is getting all that memorized in the short amount of time that you have.

1st day of class to my first checkride was 51 days. I wasn't quite ready. With the two extra sims and a week to study more, I was.

If you come here, just get with someone and study study study. It's doable but it will take a lot of work on your part. They don't hold your hand at all. Frankly, there are cheap or free things they could do but don't IMHO.

The above applies to just about any airplane at just about any airline.

Settle down JR.....you haven't been to a TSA training event yet.

RC.....congrats on the checkride. Remember what level of proficiency you are at now - they will expect that at EVERY PC......period.

Hopefully you will leave for a better job by then.........

Nice job! Yeah PC checks suck. Stay in the books it will make your life SO SO So much easier for your next PC or upgrade. Just read a chapter a week or so. Again congrats now get drinking.....build your tolerance, its the airlines!

Pc

Yep, I've already started going through my memory items and limitations for my PC. NOT.

But seriously, I plan to take a little section of the airplane manual along every now and then and study as you say a tiny bit at a time.

Like eating an elephant.

Plus of course I'll have the SOP with me all the time.

I'm confused here. From the sound of it, you passed you "re-check" and is second check ride? What happened the first time?

And your secrets to passing the check ride....aren't secrets.

Welcome to the pilot shortage boys... enjoy the ride.

Yeah, no kidding! Is this a joke RC? Please tell me this is flame bait. If not, please don't ever fly anyone I love.

-Blucher
I dont think so. He has a webpage linked to his screen name.
Here is a quote.

"The story of my life. I fail then I succeed. Really, I think at 36 my character has had as much building as it can stand. This time it IMHO wasn't because I wasn't working hard, unlike those Algebra and American History courses I flunked in High School."

Latest resources

Back