• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pass travel on DL formalized

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't it have to do with who owns/pays for the assets (aircraft and facilities)? That is, Delta owns or holds the leases on aircraft at wholly-owned carriers, but ASA and Skywest own their own equipment. If Delta pays for the equipment, then their employees should have priority, since they should really be the ones operating it.

This is incorrect.

Other carriers are risk sharing partners as it pertains to aircraft leases and other liabilities as well.
The reason ASA ad SKW did not change was the fact that DAL has a pass agreement with them. It is tied in to their DCI contract.
Fact is DAL owns the code on all DCI flights, we have bought all of your block hrs up. In effect you are an ACMI operator. Until you start selling seats under the EV code, which by the way if you read the ASA DCI agreement cannot happen until 2020 or so, this will not change.

Also FWIW, DAL owns a bunch of ASA's jets, and holds the leases on a bunch too.

Also FWIW, do not blast the pilots from any airline, management determines how these are managed.

Why should you go before an ASA or Skywest employee on an ASA or Skywest flight?

Because Delta is taking the risk on the flight. It's coming to ASA and Skywest as well. Don't forget, though, there is no benefit to you coming over to mainline :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

This is not a bad deal for the DCI carriers. We ride for free on Delta and NWA Mainline. Don't forget that!

I rember the day that we got higher priority than NWA on Mesaba aircraft, but then we had to pay $25 one way and $50 round trip to ride on Northwest Mainline. They can have DOH to ride on Mesaba aircraft so as long as my family and myself get to ride for free on mainline.

This is not a bad deal for the DCI carriers. We ride for free on Delta and NWA Mainline. Don't forget that!

I rember the day that we got higher priority than NWA on Mesaba aircraft, but then we had to pay $25 one way and $50 round trip to ride on Northwest Mainline. They can have DOH to ride on Mesaba aircraft so as long as my family and myself get to ride for free on mainline.

Wow. An intelligent post from a regional guy on this subject.

Ahhh.....A reasonable man!! You sir are a rare find. Well done.

Vol

Doesn't it have to do with who owns/pays for the assets (aircraft and facilities)? That is, Delta owns or holds the leases on aircraft at wholly-owned carriers, but ASA and Skywest own their own equipment. If Delta pays for the equipment, then their employees should have priority, since they should really be the ones operating it.

So Delta EMPLOYS said carrier to fly which in turn gives them a route structure wich in turn leads to jobs at your carrier. The flight is sold AS DELTA, THEY ARE DELTA SEATS. I think it's fair.

Besides, you can thank all of your brethren who abused the positive space travel upgrades for this change. I know a lot of us were fed up about Freedom FLIGHT ATTENDANTS in First class while I was in a middle seat in the back of my own 757.

It sucks but the whole cart and the horse thing comes to mind.

Besides, you can thank all of your brethren who abused the positive space travel upgrades for this change. I know a lot of us were fed up about Freedom FLIGHT ATTENDANTS in First class while I was in a middle seat in the back of my own 757.

Anybody traveling positive space on Delta can list at the gate for a standby upgrade to first. I don't see how taking advantage of this policy is somehow abusing it. :confused:

Latest resources

Back