Paper logbook required to interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Logbook

Quick sidenote question. When logging flight time at an airline, is it better to group the days flights in one line on a page (ex. 5.5 total) or to log it flight by flight (ex. 1.2 total)? That could get annoying when I have my 9 leg day next week... Does it matter? I do it the one day per line method, but in the remarks section I write the dep-arrival apt, if there was an A/C swap and who the CA was. Any opinions?

I've always logged leg by leg since I started and I just couldn't break that habit. It maybe a bit anal and a waste of time, but I still log leg by leg, and you are right, 10 leg days are a pain. I would just try to stay consistsant no matter which way you go. I know a couple guys that log an entire month on one line, but that's a bit excessive in my opinion.

Cody_V said:
I've always logged leg by leg since I started and I just couldn't break that habit. It maybe a bit anal and a waste of time, but I still log leg by leg, and you are right, 10 leg days are a pain. I would just try to stay consistsant no matter which way you go. I know a couple guys that log an entire month on one line, but that's a bit excessive in my opinion.

I do 14-20 legs a day, six days a week. I am not going to use a page and a half of my logbook for each day, so I do it as a daily log. As far as keeping it consistant, I only find it necessary to be consistant per the operator I work for.

Wow! that is a lot of trips! I would do the same thing if I were you. If you logged that many legs per week, a potential employer would probably not hire you based on an obsesive/compulsive disorder!

Latest resources

Back