• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Paper logbook required to interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when I was hired at Expressjet I actually took both the Jepp and my printed logbook but I was not sure which one they used. So I had the same question when i flew with one of our Captians that does the hiring, according to him as long as the last page is notorized the printed logbook is good to go.

Notary?

Why have a Notary Public Sign it? What good will that do?

For that matter why sign each page of your logbook? Required?

Electronic logbook print out or paper logbook, what is the difference?

The only time I ran into an issue with electronic logs is an interview w/ Cathay Pacific. During the first round, they said the elogs were no problem and they even commented on how neat they looked, but they said if I were invited to Hong Kong for round two then they would only accept tabular logs. This took forever to transfer seeeing as I log by leg!

Well, you can either have your instructor sign the print out or keep a paper log for flights that require signoffs and reference the sign-off in the paperlog in the elog remarks section.

I went to the southwest airlines open house a few months ago and this question was asked. They accept both electronic and manual. They did not have a preference. They also mentioned to have important dates (captain upgrade, etc..) marked, so they can easily go through your logbook.

I used Logbook Pro for my SWA interview and they loved it. I did have it printed and bound in Jepp style logbook format, not 8x11. That way the print out "looked" like a conventional logbook.

Did you have it bound or do it yourself? If you had it bound, who did it for you?

Latest resources

Back