Pan Am

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"On the Wings of Love, Only the...."

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No crew bags in the 60's sweeeeet!!!

"Like" the lack of "male" F/A's...I'm just saying.

I liked it, nice flashback to a different era in airline flying. It was semi bearable for accuracy. Do you think the hotel accommodations shown for the crewmembers on the RON’s reflected what the crews actually got? Those rooms would cost a King’s Ransom in London. Looks like the movie “Catch me if you can” inspired some of the scenes. A squadron mate of mine, who went to DAL in 1968, left after 6 months to get on with Pam-Am. Never heard what happened to him.

I watched about 10 mins and then went back to the NFL game. It was very hokey and poorly cast. Even the 'scrambled eggs' on the Capt's hats is wrong.

I liked it, nice flashback to a different era in airline flying. It was semi bearable for accuracy. Do you think the hotel accommodations shown for the crewmembers on the RON’s reflected what the crews actually got? Those rooms would cost a King’s Ransom in London. Looks like the movie “Catch me if you can” inspired some of the scenes. A squadron mate of mine, who went to DAL in 1968, left after 6 months to get on with Pam-Am. Never heard what happened to him.

The hotels are pretty much like where pinnacle stays.

Another inaccuracy, in 1963, I think, you needed a fourth man in the cockpit. That was a navigator to cross the oceans. I know in the early 70's they were still using navigators to cross the ponds.

aww man I thought Jake would be on this show

I was thinking we would see a Captain John Travolta, and First Officer Jake, and maybe some other douchy pseudo-celeb as the FE. Maybe they are saving that for a future episode

I think it was more desperate housewives than don draper and mad men. They tried to develop too many characters in one episode, they should have started with the "romance of international travel during the 60's" then later develop the characters. They needed an older ca for a few episodes. Nothing like I was hoping, but of course all the new shows this year are geared towards women!!!!

Latest resources

Back