• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pan Am

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it was more desperate housewives than don draper and mad men. They tried to develop too many characters in one episode, they should have started with the "romance of international travel during the 60's" then later develop the characters. They needed an older ca for a few episodes. Nothing like I was hoping, but of course all the new shows this year are geared towards women!!!!

Hey, whatever gets more cute young F/A's into the ranks.

Airplane graphics sucked. Window frames proud of the fuselage? Unrealistic airplane movements? "Airplane" did a better job and the show lost credibility just on that. A spy-stewardess? GMAFB.

That said, it was a reminder of the golden age with none of the 3Gs.

Another inaccuracy, in 1963, I think, you needed a fourth man in the cockpit. That was a navigator to cross the oceans. I know in the early 70's they were still using navigators to cross the ponds.

I doubt anyone cares about the fact that they didn't put an extra pilot in the cockpit. The masses are more worried about what guy these FAs are going to bang next. I'm not going to watch this because it's most likely filled full of cliches that the flying public wants to believe really happens. Still hopefully it helps us get hotter FAs in the business!

Another inaccuracy, in 1963, I think, you needed a fourth man in the cockpit. That was a navigator to cross the oceans. I know in the early 70's they were still using navigators to cross the ponds.

True, and there would have been significantly more of a generation gap between the cockpit and cabin. All the Captains probably had flying boat time. The engineer was a professional FE and probably older than the Captain. But the most glaring inaccuracy is no one is smoking?

I know a Pan AM retired skipper who started on the boats in 1943. Then he went to a really fast airplane, as he described it, the DC-4. On to the DC-7 and the Boeing 377. His first upgrade was in the 707 and he retired off the 747 in 1985.

I doubt anyone cares about the fact that they didn't put an extra pilot in the cockpit. The masses are more worried about what guy these FAs are going to bang next. I'm not going to watch this because it's most likely filled full of cliches that the flying public wants to believe really happens. Still hopefully it helps us get hotter FAs in the business!
Why would you care about the F/As? Just dress up one of hulas's goats you are felching, almost the same for you.

T But the most glaring inaccuracy is no one is smoking?
That is the truth, I remember my first cockpit visit in 1953, a EAL Connie, everyone was smoking, the cockpit was IFR on the inside.

I changed the chanel the moment during the takeoff roll when the FO looked to the Captain (and the Captain looked in return) and smiled to each other gayly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back