• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flyer1015 said:
Muslims can make friends with Christians and Jews.

5.51" : O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for
friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them
for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the
unjust people.

AC560 said:
5.51" : O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for
friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them
for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the
unjust people.

Incorrect translation, but good try.

Don't you have something better do to? Like go shopping at Bigots R' Us ?

Last edited:
Flyer1015 said:
Incorrect translation, but good try.

Perhaps you would care to give the correct translation for us then. I full admit not being able to read the complex form of Arabic used in the written The Qur'an but the above translation is evidenced in many places. Below is three different translations of the same verse (http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/). While I appreciate that once The Qur'an is translated it ceases to be the literal word of God, but I think we can all get the jist.

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

JP4user said:
An e-mail I received:

Is there a good Muslim?

This is something I've wondered about for some time now: How & why do the Muslims hate us & everyone else so much? Doesn't their God teach them to love?

Can a good Muslim be a good American or Canadian?

I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:

1.)Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

2.)Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

3.)Scriptural - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

4.)Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

5.)Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

6.)Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.

7.)Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

8.)Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

9.)Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist.

Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

10.)Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans and Canadians.

Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.

If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.

Pass it on Fellow Americans and Canadians. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.

These statements made from you is indicative of how shallow-minded and ignorant you are. First, one person opinions does not reflect the majority. Second, the answers given by the respondant is similiar of a cult not religion. Third, by passing this crap to others and asking them to support the oppression only leads to spreading more hate. Love thy neighbor, God says. Don't be like the perpertator.

Ok guys....this thread, while extremely long, has strayed off topic from the original post. I do think it broke all records of most posts in a time period. This thread will be closed this evening so if you all have a final point, please get it in now.

Thanks to all....

lh

After reading some of the post on this tread, I firmly believe these people would celebrate this country's return to slavery and oppression.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, YOUR WHITES SHEETS ARE READY FOR PICK FROM THE DRY CLEANERS!

Last edited:
Longhorn said:
Ok guys....this thread, while extremely long, has strayed off topic from the original post. I do think it broke all records of most posts in a time period. This thread will be closed this evening so if you all have a final point, please get it in now.

Thanks to all....

lh

Just close this thread now. "Any last words" will just be more bigoted responses.

Longhorn was kind enought to open this up so I can get my last thoughts on this trainwreck. So here they go,,,
1) if this guy was denied a job, with J/B's absolute knowledge and approval, because of his race or religion, he should be compensated.
2) Should he be retired for life because of it, no
3) if a recruiter stated his opinion, not J/B's sactioned policy, then the guy "maybe" should be given a second chance, the employee disciplined, but J/B should not be screwed over.
4) If he lost his job because of some background issue, even if it was as obscure as something he said or did to someone years ago,, sorry Charlie, thats the way recruiting and such goes.

I think that covers the topic

Now, the religion mess,,
1) Extremism is wrong everywhere, and there is enough of it to go around in the Muslim and non-Muslim world to make us ALL take notice.
2) Killing them all is just a stupid scared man reaction, does no one any good.
3) but, if attacked, I (we) have an absolute right to defend ourselves, and in any war, people get killed. Innocent people. And I don't care if the Generals kill lots of innocent people to defend me. That's why war is so ugly. But the same holds true for us, if we provoke war, we best understand that we could be the innocents that die. (and yes, I consider the WTC to be an attack on our soil, and well organized at that).
I have yet to hear anything about Jihad from the civilized world, but I hear it weekly from some nut over there. Lots of nuts. So, in my view, somebody over there need to step up to the plate and stop this stuff. And then, I'll work on getting this government to leave them alone.
Now, I need some aspirin from trying to sort this out.

Hung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back