Pacific Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You take the good with the bad...

Training costs are a very small part of a 1.5 million budget that it takes to operate a mid-sized jet. If owners and operators would treat their employees with respect and pay them an industry standard wage, then perhaps the pilots would not leave. This means, days off, decent accomadations on the road, no nickle and diming meals and expenses. If you trust your pilots to fly your airplane, then you trust them to do the right thing when it comes to expenses.

So you are telling me that when you agree to the terms of the job, (the type rating, the wage, the expense rules) it is ok for the owner to live up to his end of the bargain but when it comes to you living up to your end, that everyone should just let that slide? I don't think so. Trust works both ways. When you agree to take the job you agree to the terms decided upon; both the good and bad. If you have a problem you take it up with the owner, you don't just bail because you decide you don't want to play by the rules.

I haven't, so pass the soap box

I'm glad to hear that. I'm all ears.

Re: pacific jet

my friend got hired on the premis that he will buy his own type rating he is at Simuflight as we speak I think he spent around $ 13,000 for this Type. [/B]

Your friend is a moron and a scab. He just put $13k in the pocket of the company and screwed a hard-working qualified pilot out of that job. Well, if they fire him after a month or two after he starts at least he'll have that nice shiney type rating.

I HATE FREIGHT

Last edited:
I agree!!

another loser who had "no other choices" "its the economy"

:mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Your friend is a moron and a scab. He just put $13k in the pocket of the company and screwed a hard-working qualified pilot out of that job. Well, if they fire him after a month or two after he starts at least he'll have that nice shiney type rating".

I think a person that rights a reply like the one fits the description of a "moron" and neither of you fit the description of a "scab".

The person who paid for his training was offered the job and he isn't taking a job away from anybody. Everybody had the opportunity to interview that was invited in and just cause they offerd the job to somebody that had to buy the rating isn't the pilots fault. Why weren't the guys with the ratings already offered the job? It doesn't change anything for the company who they hire with respect to training costs. How could a pilot interviewing for a job with others that might even be more qualified be able to "screw somebody out of the job"?

I guess I don't understand that last post at all and the 10 seconds it took to read it are 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

I hate freight,
well I am sure that freight hates you to , what make you think that you can justify another persons place in life why is my friend a moron for wanting to get ahead if he is able to pay for the type himself so what .. I believe that you do what it takes to get to were you want to be as long as you are honest and don't hurt anyone and by all means use every tool at your disposal and in this case he is , his money, and by the way I am getting my type next month and I am paying for it to. Dude if you are not happy with your current financial situation then I suggest you find another job.

just dont look for that job in aviation because Casper and his bud's are buying em all up!!!!

NEWS FLASH!

scumbag operators cut thier training costs by preying on the lower end of the pilot pool.

Pilots with an ounce of talent and brains DO find real jobs.

sheesh...fork out 15k for the "right" to work for an on demand rat$hit charter operator.....what a treat - thats what I call career progression...

desperate times mean desperate measures I guess....

funny many other people are getting hired many places without having to do this....speaks volumes about the "buyer"

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Southwest does not require a 73 type to apply, but to work there you have to buy your own type rating. This is apparently exactly what happened to this guy's friend. So according to the above posts, southwest is pft. I don't understand where you guys draw the line, its so vague. Plus, "scab"....come on. Not even close.

G200,
The "scumbag operators" you refer too have the opportunity to hire people with ratings and without. It actually costs them time and money to hire the guy that pays for the initial rating because they don't get the benefit of his services from day 1. They have to use contract guys or go short handed and possibly pay overtime to the existing guys. You continuously neglect these issues when you make your very eloquent posts and bash people.

I have not stated whether I agree or disagree with PFT only that I find it an interesting discussion. I do think however you make some points that are thoughtless and irrational but that's just my oppinion on your oppinion and we all now about oppinions. Im quite sure there are many people including yourself that dissagree with what i've posted but it is fun to read all this.

The "scumbag operators" you refer too have the opportunity to hire people with ratings and without. It actually costs them time and money to hire the guy that pays for the initial rating because they don't get the benefit of his services from day 1.

Let me guess.....this is what they told them as they kindly referred them to thier customer representative at Simuflite...... who, by the way, takes Mastercard/Visa.....

really, I dont care who PFT's - I dont want any of those jobs.....but its a practice that makes a joke of this industry and proves you dont need a brain to fly an airplane (or at least to yank gear as a PFT SIC) - therefore why pay us more...

Its a disease that hurts us all in the long run.

Dont waste your time trying to justify it, its REALLY pathetic.

;) ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back