Pacific Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Casper said:
and by the way I am getting my type next month and I am paying for it to. Dude if you are not happy with your current financial situation then I suggest you find another job.

You're pathetic! If you have that kind of money to burn, then go out and get a hobby, but don't try and make a career out of flying. Some of us have had to work long and hard to in this industry to provide for our families and here you come saying "I'll do the same job as him for $15K less," and that is what you are doing when you PTF!

People that take less than standard compensation to get ahead are hurting the entire industry.

It hasn't hurt me

That is the problem with the PFT system. All you can do look at is yourself. You do not see the larger problems in our industry. This business takes money ... a lot of it. If you do not have it, you should not be operating an aircraft, airline, ect. Every looser who PFT's has just taken one step toward lowering a great profession.

So you are telling me that when you agree to the terms of the job, (the type rating, the wage, the expense rules) it is ok for the owner to live up to his end of the bargain but when it comes to you living up to your end, that everyone should just let that slide? I don't think so. Trust works both ways. When you agree to take the job you agree to the terms decided upon; both the good and bad. If you have a problem you take it up with the owner, you don't just bail because you decide you don't want to play by the rules.

I am not justifing quiting on someone who pays the expense of training. I am just making the point that if operators would pay the standard and do the "right" thing they would not have as many problems with this. Do not pay a guy $25k a year and think that you are doing him a "favor" by letting build time in your Lear and act indignat when he quits. A classic example in Executive Flight in Wenachee, WA (EAT). They pay slightly below industry standard. However, if you stay with the company for 3 years they pay you a cash bonus of $18K. They know how to motivate people.

Casper, I was wrong about you being naive. After reading some of your last post I concluded that you are a moron. Just remember, everytime someone asks who you work for, and you answer truthfully, a portion of the pilot population will think that now you are a scumbag and treat you differently. I know I will.

Do something honorable with your life, like work in washroom handing out towels for tips.

PFT and PacJet

Southwest does not require a 73 type to apply, but to work there you have to buy your own type rating. This is apparently exactly what happened to this guy's friend. So according to the above posts, southwest is pft. I don't understand where you guys draw the line, its so vague. Plus, "scab"....come on. Not even close.

I second that!!

back to PacJet... I work for them.

Positive: Starting FO makes $36K, after 90 day probabtion, raise to $42K (but you better start asking for it the month before.. they are too focused on booking trips that your raise is not a priority). First year captain makes $60K for the Lears. And if you're looking for hours.. you'll definitely get it... they fly the HELL outta u. They'd like to say that they average 7-10 days off a month.. but in reality, it's 8 days a month, and bidded according to seniority like the airlines.

Negative(s) :D : The reason why the website is vague is because the negative rumors you hear about this company is true. Lawsuits mainly due to noise abatements are also true. Their maintenance is below average, thus aircraft safety is questionable. Lots of shortcuts, false documentation by management is a constant practice, and management needs overhauling starting with their demeanor and attitude toward their pilots. We basically get treated like $hit. Perdiems are delayed and sometimes not paid, reimbursements for expenses overdue for sometimes up to 3 months. Morale is low, and pilots are dropping like flies... need I say more?? Ask me last year if I felt this way, i'd say NOPE... but now.. :p Let's talk over beer! Too bad... pilots there are great.. dealing w the clowns up in charter --- that's another story.

Last edited:
Re: PFT and PacJet

pa56pa said:
I second that!!
Their maintenance is below average, thus aircraft safety is questionable. Lots of shortcuts, false documentation by management is a constant practice,

that about says it all!!!

doesnt mean anything...

Everyone in VNY has had affiliation w Extra Jet... it's not one that I'd use against them..

All I can say is, and this goes even for those desperate for a job... DONT WORK THERE...! Paying for your training is nothing compared to the problems you will encounter in that work environment.

G100,
I'm quite sure you don't want to get in to a pissin match with me about who's done more for the industry and co-workers over the years. I have thousands of hours over the years of volunteering my time and ruining a marriage for multiple pilot groups and unions/pilot associations over the years. Just because I said it hasn't affected me doesn't mean anything other than that. I'm sure if you want to compare resume's and commitment to the industry you'll come up short. If you read everything I wrote in this thread you won't find a statement about what's right and wrong just some discussions on the topics that apply. And the comment that I find it an intersting discussion.

Just because I said it hasn't affected me doesn't mean anything other than that.

My appologies to you as a person. It still does not mean that PFT has not affected you ....

You (our) profession is lessoned by the people and groups that perpitrate PFT.

Sounds like every charter company I ever worked for. Don't PFT, but if you can get a job there without it, do it. Just pay your dues and hope you survive until something better comes along.

Don't put us all under your umbrella !

I will not use Pac Jet for our supplemental charter and I will "86" all resumes with Pac Jet listed. Many pilots view people who PFT in the same line as they do SCABS.

I'm sure many companies feel the same way as you... however, they continue to do well, add on to their fleet, and is one of the busiest charter companies on the west coast; it doesn't mean I agree with everything they do. But to 86 all resumes with PacJet listed??? Give me a BREAK! :eek:

We have over 50 pilots and most are very good people. The PFT didn't start happening until a few months ago. That is a poor management decision. So... it's not all black and white here..

Casper, I know your friend... don't worry, he's not treated as a SCAB here... he's well liked, we feel though that the company has ripped him off... It's sad that charter companies have to do this to the very people that are responsible for their bread and butter :(

Latest resources

Back