Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJFlyer

Wastin' time...
Does anyone know anything about Pacific Jet, based in LA? Their website is pretty vague...

Is that the company in VNY involved in the nasty lawsuit over noisy takeoffs?

pacific jet

I have a friend that just got hired there, I have been banging on their door for a few weeks now, the person you need to talk to is Sherry Diamond she does all the hiring, she flys as well so you need to call between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm this is what I have been told. I also know that they fly Lears and G's my friend got hired on the premis that he will buy his own type rating he is at Simuflight as we speak I think he spent around $ 13,000 for this Type.

Good Luck..

I also know that they fly Lears and G's my friend got hired on the premis that he will buy his own type rating he is at Simuflight as we speak I think he spent around $ 13,000 for this Type.

I think that the next time we need to charter from Pac Jet I will drop them from my list of acceptable outfits.

I have been banging on their door for a few weeks now

Casper, friends do not let friends screw their buddies out of a job. You should take a closer look at your friend list.

pacific jet

Hey Guy,
lets just say that it does not matter who is at what Company whether you have a friend there or not at the end of the day if you don't have a job then what can you do ? you can be recomended by a 747 captain with 20,000 hours but if they don't need you oh well just move on, but if you have 12 to 15 grand to spend on a lear type Rating then lucky you I just can't spend this kind of dough I have my childern to worry about first, as for my list of friends don't worry my friends and I have gone back years and we have all done for each other and this includes my Buddy at Pacific, if it was not for him I would not have built 1/2 the multi time that I have.

Casper, it is obvious that you are a little naive. It is not a matter of "luck" that you can spend 15 grand on a type rating. It is a matter of class, style and respect.

Companies that require their pilots to buy their jobs are lowest of the bottom feeders. They are taking advantage of poor economic times for pilots and hiring not the most qualified, but those with economic advantage. This cheapens OUR industry. This system forces you to consider feeding your childeren or getting your 1st job in a jet. Sounds like a pretty poor choice to me.

Last time you went for a non aviation job interview(assuming that you were qualifed), did your prospective employer tell you that you are hired, but you must pay for your own training. You would probalbly walk out the door. Hiring the best qualified person means that you are will to make an INVESTMENT into your employees. If they require you to pay, you can guarantee they will treat you poorly.

Look, I have never met your friend and I am sure he is a decent guy. I just know that your friend has taken one small step in the contiuing degradation of our profession. Like I say, I will not use Pac Jet for our supplemental charter and I will "86" all resumes with Pac Jet listed. Many pilots view people who PFT in the same line as they do SCABS. You will reap what you sew.

Good luck.

I always find it interesting to read peoples opinions on the PFT issue. In reading and talking to people I find it interesting that most of these people who are against PFT have resumes on file at Southwest Airlines and don't include them in the discussion.

I'm just wondering if G100 driver has a resume on file at SWA or anybody that disagrees with PFT has one on file at SWA?

I'm just wondering if G100 driver has a resume on file at SWA or anybody that disagrees with PFT has one on file at SWA?

No, I do not. It make for interesting debate. For some reason SWA has managed to escape this by only hiring "qualifed" applicants. They do not hire only hire someone on their abilty to pay, but on their expirence (1000 hours PIC turbine, ect.). They also treat there employees well. It still does not make it right though. Makes for good debate, though.

There are two sides

First I will tell you that I think PFT is a lousy deal but...

I must say that pilots have, in part, done it to themselves. When a pilot hires on with a company and has his training paid for, I think he owes the company at least one year of good service. After that, he is free to go. PFT started because owners and operators could not count on pilots sticking around long enough to get there training investment back out of the pilot through his service to the company. So, before all of you PFT police get on your soap box, you might want to think about whether or not you have ever left a company high and dry after they invested some money in you. If you haven't - preach on. If you have, then you are no better than the guy paying for his own Lear type.

PFT started because owners and operators could not count on pilots sticking around long enough to get there training investment back out of the pilot through his service to the company

Training costs are a very small part of a 1.5 million budget that it takes to operate a mid-sized jet. If owners and operators would treat their employees with respect and pay them an industry standard wage, then perhaps the pilots would not leave. This means, days off, decent accomadations on the road, no nickle and diming meals and expenses. If you trust your pilots to fly your airplane, then you trust them to do the right thing when it comes to expenses.

If you haven't - preach on.

I haven't, so pass the soap box :D

Latest resources

Back