• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PA Announcements: THINK before you speak

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious, what makes you think it was a waste? A paying customer gave some feedback on his flight from a customer's perspective.

Are we all too good to accept criticism?

Customer service is what we do as pilots. I know it's more put on by the CSA and FA but we still have some part of it. I'm with most of you. If the FMS agrees with our printed flightplan and ATC then were good to go. We got you were you wanted to go safely.

This is why I dont even make PA's anymore. I only speak to the back if we are delayed for an unusual amount of time. Nobody cares what the winds are doing, if the clouds are scattered or broken at your destination, the visibility, etc. Either the cabin PA speakers are too muffeled to hear what we are saying, or for some reason it booms and scares people. I think the average passenger probably doesnt want to hear us come on and speak about the route, destination, etc.

This isnt the Pan Am Clipper going to shanghai, its a "insert your little regional aircraft here" going to greensboro. Theyll appreciate a good landing more than your PA. Oh yea, im leaving the airline industry in 2 weeks, im glad there will be no more PA's.

mckpickle said:
My biggest pet peeve is guys who say AH AH AH AH AH in between every other word. Christ, it makes them sound like George Bush durring an inpromptu interview.

Only an inpromptu interview?

How 'bout CWA? Central Wisconsin, Mosinee, Steven's Point, Wausau?
I've used "C-Way" and never heard any complaints.

mamba20 said:
Who cares what the pax think. They want a $100.00 ticket and thats what they get. You get what you pay for. I couldnt care less about their dang bags or the fact that they are a rewards member, etc. If you want me to care then pay me a salay comensurate with caring. Otherwise other then my job as outlined in the Ops Manual I do nothing more.

Now THATS the spirit....not:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

i make PA announcements half in pig latin the other half in swahili and have never had a single box complain to me that he or she was lost at our destination.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back