PA Announcements: THINK before you speak

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mamba20 said:
Lets also examine the fact that if I bust my ass and provide the best customer service that I can then whats in it for me? NOTHING! No profit sharing, no bonus etc so why bother? The companies we fly for take and take and take from us and line their pockets and ready their golden parachute. So really, why care? I do the best job I can with the flying part and what is required of my flying skills. I'm not outright rude or anything to the passengers but I'm not going out of my way for their petty problems.

I flew regionals for years. I know how it is. But you still can have some pride and treat people right. The better the bottom line, the more ammunition you have for a better contract.

don't forget the pax that don't pay attention to ANY announcements, then flip out when they are not at the right destination...
Although there at least 5 announcements stating the destination...

It happens quite a bit (agents don't always catch it)...

GJ PA Announcement

True story, no chum in the water here, but I paid for a flight from JAX to COS through ORD. Flew GJ JAX-ORD, and the captain made all the PA announcements while chewing gum. The guy beside me commented on it. The FO hadn't had a haircut in what looked like a month. On balance, the FA was very courteous.

lukabrazzi said:
True story, no chum in the water here, but I paid for a flight from JAX to COS through ORD. Flew GJ JAX-ORD, and the captain made all the PA announcements while chewing gum. The guy beside me commented on it. The FO hadn't had a haircut in what looked like a month. On balance, the FA was very courteous.

And now people are gonna say you made that up because you mentioned it was on GJ.

Motive Flow said:
The real question is: What do you call BDL? Windsor Locks? Hartford? Springfield? Hartford/Springfield? Bradley? :confused:

To be precise I believe it would be East Granby/Suffield/Windsor Locks, but I digress.....

I usually hear BDL referred to as Bradley International or Hartford/Springfield but I've also heard most every other version you can think of. Delta lists it as Hartford on it's airport monitors (at least in Atlanta) and everyone in CT (and most of New England) calls it Bradley. Just a bit of useless local knowledge.

Being from CT I personally think Windsor Locks sounds dumb (despite what the Jepps say) but what do I know, I call HPN "White Plains" even though everything at the airport says "Westchester County".

Last edited:
I remember when we first switched from Drake to XNA.

We got a memo instructing us to stop calling it fayetteville in the PAs, since it was now "The Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport serving Fayetteville, bentonville, Rogers, blah blah blah."

I made a PA calling it "The Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport, serving Fayetteville, Bentonville, Rogers, and pretty much everything between Fort Smith and Tulsa."

The next morning as we showd up to fly the return leg, the station manager asked me about the PA. A passenger from High Fill or some such metropolis had taken offense and complained to him, threatened to write a letter to Delta. I asked him if he thought the passenger could really read and write.

Airports are always listed by city on the monitor. No one cares what the name of the airport is. The only time you see the airport name is if there is more than 1 airport for that city- e.g. New York LGA or JFK

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back