PA Announcements: THINK before you speak

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twighead said:
Airports are always listed by city on the monitor. No one cares what the name of the airport is. The only time you see the airport name is if there are more than 1 airports for that cit- e.g. New York LGA or JFK

Got it.

All I was pointing out was that the city referred to when flying to or from BDL is Hartford, not Windsor Locks.

By the time the FO makes his/her pre-takeoff announcement, the People at the gate have made it abundantly clear ("now boarding zone(s) 1,2,3,4,5,etc... for 'ZENA'") to the weebles where they are traveling to, the FA has said welcome aboard "flight so and so to east butt-munch" at least once or twice - so therefore, the FO really only needs to say something to the effect of "L & G, we are #56 in line, we'll be airborne tomorrow, hope we have enough fuel, and thanks for underpaying for your ticket"

shamrock said:
Got it.

All I was pointing out was that the city referred to when flying to or from BDL is Hartford, not Windsor Locks.

I hear ya. Sorry, wasn't trying to single you out. there was just a lot of dicussion on what to call certain airports and this and that. the city name is the only thing that matters.

johndt said:
You're so unprofessional. Why don't you -think- before you make a PA announcement. Next time, try to be more like captain perfect who started this ridiculous thread.

2nd that, wait I have to turn down my Ipod, better put it in my backpack, while I am on my cell phone making an appt to get my spikey hair cut.

I always stumble around with CWA (See-Way) -- the Central Wisconsin Airport. In the Jepps it's under Mosinee. In the terminal it's Wassau/Stevens Point.

FurloughedAgain said:
Flew as a paying customer from ATL-XNA last night.

When the first-officer made his pre-takeoff announcement he said,
"Welcome aboard flight XXXX service to ZINA (or XENA)".

I was aware that he was making wordplay on the three-letter XNA. My wife was not. In fact, several of the customers in the immediate area were not.

.....Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah ......

(PS - the F/A was a bit of an unfriendly cabin-nazi, but since there's no Flightattendantinfo.com, I guess its up to your company to fix her attitude issues)

I think you need to go take a bong hit.

twighead said:
Airports are always listed by city on the monitor. No one cares what the name of the airport is. The only time you see the airport name is if there is more than 1 airport for that city- e.g. New York LGA or JFK

Then why is XNA referred to as Northwest Arkansas, AR on the Delta monitors?

(from the Dept. of Redundancy Dept. I'm sure)

sweptback said:
Then why is XNA referred to as Northwest Arkansas, AR on the Delta monitors?

(from the Dept. of Redundancy Dept. I'm sure)

because Arkansas is a bunch of dumb rednecks.

seriously though, the point i was making is that who cares what the name of the aiport is? people don't care that they are going the the george bush intercontinental northern kentucky harstfield liberty regional airport. in 99% of the cases the city name is all that matters.

Last edited:
The professionalism and attention to detail you guys show is remarkable.

And to Mamba who isn't paid enough to display customer service - you knew the pay when you took the job pal. At that time I suspect you were in your blue suit, red tie, begging them to let you fly their airplanes for pennies.

What changed?

Ahh... what a nice thread.....

Yet another waste of precious bandwidth, brought to you by the lonely, geeky burnouts of flightinfo.com....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back