• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overpowered aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJ-700. Repositioning flight with 6000 pounds fuel. On takeoff, accidently select APR thrust on both engines.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HOLD ON!!!
I had a repo flight in the CRJ-700 too and it was quite a kick. We didn't go into APR thrust but on the roll it pushed us back in our seats. Pretty cool for a CRJ. I'd have to say the SR-71 is best. Put those engines on a CRJ and then you'd have a pretty nice airplane.

Flightjock30 said:
Fokker 100s used to have the 2nd highest thrust to weight ratio after the 757. Not sure now with a lot of newer Airbuses (new A330 and A340s) and Boeings (767-400, 777) out though.

Wrong. Jumpseating on the F-100 flightdeck more times than I care to remember I can state first hand that the F-100 has no where near the 2nd highest thrust to weight ratio.

Where do people come up with this stuff? The MD-80 blows the doors off the F-100 and that isn't saying very much.

Best Thrust to Weight Ratio Aircraft. Lear 60. Hands down.

Cessna 120, no electrics, O235 ... :D

Bergenhiemer

cands said:
lear 23, 24 +6000ft/min on t/o

The Lear 60 has a total of 9,200 lbs of thrust.
The max takeoff weight is 23,500 lbs.

I dont know how the Lear 23 and 24 compares but I am sure it is pretty close.

FWIW, we get 6000 ft per min on t/o all the time. The best I have ever seen is 15,000 ft per min on a cold night when we were light.

Where go the G5s fit in this? All I know is that I have seen them doing 2500 ft/min thru FL400 outta SAV with a flight plan to the west coast.

Lead Sled said:
Note to 9GClub: There ain't no such thing as an over powered aircraft.

'Sled

Sure there is...anything with enough ba!!s to have an afterburner!

DX Rick said:
How would you know how many G's you were pulling, if any, at the time? Do you have a big watch?

You betcha I do. Don't you? Mine's bigger than yours.

2 G's in a B752 is the same as 2 G's in a C150, and having executed more than a few steep turns (here we go again) in the latter, I am edumacatedly inferentially deductibly deducing that the linear acceleration value did not in fact reach 2.0.
I would say that I'm fallible and thus possibly incorrect, but what self-respecting pilot says that?

Anybody else wanna contest (or validate) the 1+ G thing? Any 757 drivers with big watches maybe?

Dangerkitty said:
The Lear 60 has a total of 9,200 lbs of thrust.

I dont know how the Lear 23 and 24 compares but I am sure it is pretty close.

The noise-to-thrust ratio of the 20-series lears is much greater than that of the 60 (the Harley-Davidson factor, if you will).

Latest resources

Back