• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overheard on ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Supposedly...USAirways at PHL, given clearance to position and hold. In a classic Beavis and Butthead voice comes back..."Uhhh hhuhhhuhh..pull it out...hold it"

- Checknsix

OPECJet said:
Said to me by the guy who works both CLT and PHL ramps. The guy does a great job working the ramp, but he said a mouthfull to us a couple of months ago.

"Piedmont, hold your push. You got an RJ comin' on your tail".

LOL, i was actually the FO on the "RJ coming on your tail". It was in PHL about 3 months ago. we were laughing so hard the passengers in the first two rows could hear us.

T-Storm Chaser said:
LOL, i was actually the FO on the "RJ coming on your tail". It was in PHL about 3 months ago. we were laughing so hard the passengers in the first two rows could hear us.

Well, it was actually when he was working CLT. It was about 3 months ago. We were on E5. I'll never forget it! I looked over at you guys while ya'll were parking and both of you were still laughing. Sad part is the captain I was flying with never heard it. Boy did he miss out! I was still giggling about it half an hour later.

I ran into Jimmy in the broke room at CLT a while back. Didn't know who he was until we got to talking about all the crazy stuff that happens out there. I'd have bought the guy breakfast if he wasn't already eating. He also let me know I was close to getting in trouble for telling "cramp" control we were ready to shove it. He thought it was amusing, but apparently the stupervisor has no sense of humor.

I thought I would add a judos to jimme as well, that guy is awesome. I have not heard him in PHL for a while, I hear that he only heads up to our neck of the woods for overtime now and again. WILLY, SPOT 13 and Ground... SEE YA!

back in my flight instructing days, I heard some funny banter...

student pilot: Approach, xxx, can I make a request?
Approach: no
student pilot: okay, thanks

approach: aircraft xxx, do you have the traffic in sight? (about the 10th time asking)
aircraft: negative. What kind of aircraft is it?
approach: It's that new stealth aircraft. It's invisible to normal pilots.

and finally, on a very quiet Sunday morning...

Approach: aircraft xxx, squawk VFR, contact tower, have a good day.
Me: VFR to tower, you have a good one as well
Approach: oh, don't worry, I will, I just got NFL Sunday Ticket from Direct TV! Now I can watch all my favorite teams...(this went on for about 2 minutes. Hilarious!)

Kind of tastless, but here it goes.

Going into MCO in a citation.

Tower: Citation123 170 to 5 mile final, southwest behind you 30 kts faster

Tower: Southwest, start slowing, you've got a citation ahead and you're 30 kts faster.

Southwest: roger, we're slowing.

Tower: Citation 123, can you pick it up to 190, Southwest is still gaining.

Tower: Southwest, start slowing sir, citation traffic ahead.

My partner says, "Yea southwest, you guys trying to buy another gas station?"

Dead silence for the next 30 secs.

In the 70's I was buzzing along in a 172 through southern Missouri on flight following from KC ARTCC. Someone in a Lear checked on freq and it was obvious he didn't listen, just started talking, blocking out another transmission. He definitely had an attitude about it. The gal working Center then told him "That's all right, I was a student pilot once myself".

Heard today on the Atlanta center Macey sector frequency.

Aircraft: Center, Delta 117 would like to request runway 8L.
Center: Which runway is that, I don't get to see the airport very often.
Aircraft: That's the long strip of concrete next to Delta headquarers (but that's not important right now).
Center: Roger, I'll pass on that request to approach.

OPECJet said:
Said to me by the guy who works both CLT and PHL ramps. The guy does a great job working the ramp, but he said a mouthfull to us a couple of months ago.

"Piedmont, hold your push. You got an RJ comin' on your tail".

Jimmy he's by far the best ramp controller I've ever seen

Heard a pilot flying an rj into toledo express say with a strong southren accent:

HOLY TOLEDO COMAIR 1422 with you level 9

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back