• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overheard on ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While flying to CLT on New Years day early in the morning, radio is fairly quiet, then in an excited voice on a morning where there are no excited voices......

USAIR "CLT appr, USAir 123"
ATC "a/c calling clt go ahead"

USAIR "CLT, USAir 123, just an observation; we're level niner thousand crossing booze with wiskey......its new years day"

The bad news is the controller was aparently working more than one freq and didn't get it right away. Although the crew recieved accolades from others that morning. I liked it.

Airplane 1 to Center: "Ah, Center...any chance we can go direct to XYZ?"

Center: "Sorry. Have to leave you on your route today due to Presidential movement."

Unidentified Airplane: "Hope everything comes out okay."

Heard this one many years ago:

Center: Blueridge 123 (J-41)Traffic at 6:00, a DC-9 will be overtaking you from behind.

Blueridge 123: Roger, we'll prepare to be taken from behind...

Got a few extra comments, even from the controller. I've always wanted to use it but never got the chance...

ALGFLYR said:
Heard this one many years ago:

Center: Blueridge 123 (J-41)Traffic at 6:00, a DC-9 will be overtaking you from behind.

Blueridge 123: Roger, we'll prepare to be taken from behind...

Got a few extra comments, even from the controller. I've always wanted to use it but never got the chance...

Now that's some funny stuff!! I fly the Brasilia and am very familiar with being "taken from behind."

One time a friend of mine was on approach to STL with American. There was a Southwest jet taxiing for takeoff...

Controller: Southwest 123 advise if you can take an immediate, American on final... disregard, I'm used to working with American. Southwest 123, Runway 30L cleared for takeoff.

aa73 can tell the story better than me. You get the idea...

Taxiing out at LGA one busy day. Airplanes all over and ground was hopping. Someone said, "Ground, can you give us our sequence?" Ground replied in the typical New York accent, "I don't know who just called, but if I find out, you're number last."

Said to me by the guy who works both CLT and PHL ramps. The guy does a great job working the ramp, but he said a mouthfull to us a couple of months ago.

"Piedmont, hold your push. You got an RJ comin' on your tail".

Heard today at IAD...

Potomac App... ABC1234 if you have the field in sight then you can prepare for a short approach.

ABC1234...Roger fields in sight.

Potomac...ABC1234 uhhhh actaully nevermind stay on downwind...looks like you have to do number 2 now.

SKYW Pilot said:
One time a friend of mine was on approach to STL with American. There was a Southwest jet taxiing for takeoff...

Controller: Southwest 123 advise if you can take an immediate, American on final... disregard, I'm used to working with American. Southwest 123, Runway 30L cleared for takeoff.

aa73 can tell the story better than me. You get the idea...

yup.... and capped it off with "we may be slow but at least we're losing money....!"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back