Overheard on ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OPECJet said:
Said to me by the guy who works both CLT and PHL ramps.

Jimmy Mac needs to get his arse into a supervisory position YESTERDAY. He is awesome. You know how often he sleeps at the airport? THAT'S HOW MUCH HE WORKS.... pay the guy, for chrissakes! He's twice the controller C-dawg is, and I've watched him unravel a cat's arse north of G at PHL in two minutes that had my head spinning. I couldn't figure out what was what, and I was drinking coffee next to him in the tower.

kmox29 said:
It's always amazing how many people have actually heard ATC conversations like this one above or the "F'ing bored, not stupid" one.

I wonder how many people have actually heard this one too:

Center: Airline XYZ please expidite descent to cross [intersection] at 11,000
Airline XYZ: Ahh, unable [intersection] at 11,000
Center: Don't you guys have airbrakes on that thing?
Airline XYZ: Airbrakes are for our screwups, not yours.

Not only have I heard it, I've said it. God I hate CLE center.:angryfire

1. Into Raleigh advised "Number 2 Follow the twin jet {it was an F28}"; replied "Roger we have the Fokker in sight", advised "We just prefer to call it a twin jet."
2. Out of EWR to CLT clearance was having a how fast can you go day. Replied in souther drawl "You hear fast I talk ... that's how fast I listen. Say again all after Cleared to"
3. My all around favorite after getting a clearance I was not ready to copy. "We've just had a catostrophic pen failure say again."

Sig said:
Jimmy Mac needs to get his arse into a supervisory position YESTERDAY. He is awesome. You know how often he sleeps at the airport? THAT'S HOW MUCH HE WORKS.... pay the guy, for chrissakes! He's twice the controller C-dawg is, and I've watched him unravel a cat's arse north of G at PHL in two minutes that had my head spinning. I couldn't figure out what was what, and I was drinking coffee next to him in the tower.
Jimmy rocks!! Did you know he eats sugar right out of the packet??

SEEEE YAAA

pilotguy733 said:
Jimmy rocks!! Did you know he eats sugar right out of the packet??

SEEEE YAAA

Anyone know if the "g'daaaaayyyyy" guy is still in RDU? That always made me smile.

Said to me one day while in the soup in the trusty Cherokee 6

"Catbird 125, slow to final approach speed, you're overtaking the aircraft on the parallel approach, break, Piedmont 1234, increase speed 10 knots"

hehehe...

Back when Smiley was still working in ATL, took off to the north in an ATR. Was a really slow Sunday morning, and he said "ACEY whatever, say heading". I always wanted to do it, so I replied "heading". He didn't even miss a beat, and replied "can you say holding?"

Another time he was working tower, middle of the summer, not a breath of wind for days, and DAL on final for 27L asks for a wind check. In his monotone he said "wind 180 at 1 gusting to 2".

Heard this one 3 years ago when it appeared USAir was gonna liquidate:

USAir: Denver center, USAir 123 checking on 340..smooth ride

DEN center: Oh yeah, that won't last long.

USAir: How much longer will it last?

DEN Center: about 30 days.

TALK ABOUT HARSH!

Latest resources

Back