• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Outsourcing alert... UAL/Aer Lingus!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Somebody that doesn't meet their height requirements should apply and then sue. If you got a first class medical and a 330 type rating they can't discriminate against you unless they can prove it's necessary for the job - which it isn't. In fact...under US law the only way you might be able to get away with asking these types of questions is to give a conditional offer of employment first. Give these guys a dose of the US system.

You think? Read again!

* FAA - ATPL with current A330 rating or JAA - ATPL with current A330 rating*.

*Please note: In the event that we do not receive sufficient applicants with the required A330 rating, we will accept applications from First Officers who hold a current EU/JAA licence with an A320 rating and a minimum of 1000 hours on type.

How many pilots out there meet just those qualifications? UAL, NWA, Frontier, Jetblue etc. fly A320 but I doubt there'll be more than a handful pilots that have an A320 JAA type rating!

A330 - NWA and USAir, and I doubt their pilots leave their jobs for this. There are much better A330 jobs out there in Asia!

Exactly. The point is they want Europeans to staff these former United flying jobs for less money. Needn't we all apply?

Perhaps you missed it. They're not planning on paying the pilots whether dollars or euros. Paying the pilots would imply they plan to fairly compensate pilots for the economic value they provide the enterprise. It is clear they will employ pilots but I don't think they are going to be paying pilots...if you catch my drift.

Do any of you guys making these comments understand that most European carriers pay better than most US majors and that this is an attempt to use US pilots to undercut EU pilots?

That's not exactly true. Generally, First Officers at most European (EU or otherwise) carriers make much less money than their American counterparts. Does it really matter what the motive might be? What really matters is that quality jobs are going to a global market place where US pilots are not really allowed to benefit while both companys (UAL and AerLingus) continue to layoff workers. And if it succeeds you might not be so immuned after all because other airlines will be jumping all over it including the one you work for. Hopefully by the time you figure out the motive it not too late for you.

What we need is comprehensive discussion on this rapidly spreading disease. For starters, the objection loudly voiced by 60,000 PROFESSIONAL Airline Pilots to SHUT IT DOWN...

That's not exactly true. Generally, First Officers at most European (EU or otherwise) carriers make much less money than their American counterparts.

That is actually completely incorrect. In fact, FO pay is one of the bright spots when comparing compensation across the pond.

Regardless, overall, American compensation is far behind that of most, if not all, EU carriers. We ARE the cheap labor.

It kills me to hear comments such as "SWA pilots are the highest paid 737 pilots in the free world." Whoever came up with this statement needs to look at transavia.com's compensation. All they operate are 73s, they work a 4 on-3 off schedule, and STARTING vacation benefits allow them 2 MONTHS off every year.

I enjoyed entering my resume.

It began: "You are Irish Scabs. Good Luck ...."

Fingers crossed:) :)

It was liberating. Give it a shot.

Is this going to be a US or EU AOC? Anyway, I'm sure there are 330 drivers overseas that would like to get out of the sandpit. They will have no problem recruiting, and if ALPA permits it, that's their own damn fault.

Allow it? Well Ill bet that ALPA will become so angry that they will send out an email telling everyone how angry that they are. And that will be the end of it.

I bet you that you cant find a single person who is actually qualified to work there who has even heard of Freedom and Go Jets. Not their problem! There are no consequences for going to an alter ego carrier. When there are concequences people will stop going to them. Until then it will continue to be every man for himself.

Now that it affects United I am sure that ALPA will look into it.

Latest resources

Back