Our "Team" leader out to lunch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SilverSurfer

Did anyone else notice all the inaccurate statements that our "team" leader made in the corporate meeting this past week.

"We have been in negotiations over 30 months"
It's been 20 months

"RLA contracts usually take 24 months"
Average 36 months

"He decided to increase the bargaining days"
Our union leadership and negotiators have been asking management form the very beginning to increase the number of days we meet. But now its his idea:puke:​

Already he's whining about not being able to afford giving employees a raise.

Me thinks that Sh!forbrains is losing it. He has done a outstanding job of turning Floptoins into the laughing stock of the fractional industry, shrunk our company by 25% a year over the past two years, continues to not see how his arrogance is destroying what little of the company is left and has the gall to blame his incompetency on the pilots.

What a loser:erm:

I think he is just trying to prepare the CGF workers for the coming contract.

By telling them the time lines involved I think he hopes to discourage any of the mechanics from wanting to go through union organization when they they see the wage and benefits increase the pilots are going to receive with the new contract.

Plus by stating that he has decided to increase the number of bargaining days he is trying to make it look like he is in control of the situation when we all know what the real reason is. ;)

Our Leader is Capt Gobbles

For the longest time I have been trying to remember who our CEO reminded me of. There was a character I had seen somewhere that exhibited all that we know Sh!tfinger to be, incompetent, cowardly, confused, and arrogant, I just could not remember who it was.

Well today it came to me.

For those of you that are familiar with the great series, "Band Of Brothers", one of my all time favorites, while watching the first few chapters I was reintroduced to Lt./Capt. Gobbles. For those of you that have not had the opportunity to watch this, you are missing a great reenactment of what our military was faced with in WWII. But that really is beside the point here, the point is when you watch it pay attention to the character in the early chapters, Lieutenant Gobbles.

Lt. Gobbles character is the epitome of the arrogance and incompetence just as we have seen form our CEO, blaming the men in his command, and anything else he could dream up for his own failures. Just as our CEO has done, he persecutes and punishes the men under his command for his inability to get the job done. He proves again and again to the men in his command that he has no idea what he is doing and that if they follow him into combat he will get them killed.

Fortunately before his company goes into combat Gobbles commanding officer realizes what a incompetent screw up he is and relieves him of command. I can only hope that we now have someone at HIG that is Sh!tfingers new commanding officer that will recognize that he has a Lt. Gobbles commanding Floptions before he gets us killed.

If you have not seen Band Of Brother rent or buy the series, first because it is just great, second because you get to see Sh!tfinger in action as Lt. Gobbles.

Band of Brothers

I think the character your referring too is Capt. Herbert Sobels, USA .not Gobbles unless you were making a joke.

Cheers Ken

You are right

I think the character your referring too is Capt. Herbert Sobels, USA .not Gobbles unless you were making a joke.

Cheers Ken

Went and looked at those first chapters today and you are right, thanks.

But am I right, is Soblel's character not the same sleazy loser as our CEO?

Thanks Ken long time no see

Sh!tfinger just does not get it

This just out from our CEO, he just does not get it.

Subject: Message from Michael
To all Flight Options pilots:

Our Q & A meetings in DFW and other locations around the country are designed to be forums for communication. I have read the union’s weekly messages instructing you to boycott meetings with Company management. That’s unfortunate. I believe we need more communication, not less.

The union wrote that the Company does not respect you and your families. That accusation is simply not true, and such unfounded claims detract from our mission of building a company that is viable and profitable and provides long and financially rewarding careers for all us who wish to remain on the Flight Options team. Open communications between all employees at Flight Options, which includes each of you and each member of management, is vital.

My hope is that each of you will meet with members of management whenever the opportunity arises, which, given your diverse geographic locations, is far too infrequent. I will be in Dallas at the Homewood Suites tonight, Monday, February 11. I would like to talk with those of you who are in Dallas this week about our visions for the future of Flight Options and what that means to our many valued employees. I would like to share how recent events, like the H.I.G. transaction and the Phenom 300 order, impact our Company now and in the coming years. Most importantly, I would like to hear from you what ideas and what concerns you may have about our Company and the pilot workforce.

M

Well "M" what you fail to understand is that you and your management goons have brought this on yourselves. When you and the goon squad show up at these meeting and have nothing but lies and misrepresentations of the facts your meetings have no value. The communication that you so desire will not happen as long as you and the boys engage in these dishonest practices you seem to love so much. You want pilots to come to your meetings you want the union leadership to support your meeting, learn to tell the truth. You and management have zero credibility.

Talked to a buddy in DFW for training and the best we can tell "M" will have at the most 2 pilots in his meeting tonight. Both of them are Legacy pilots. :uzi: God I wish I could be there.

I just don't know what to say to you Silver. It's like you didn't read or comprehend his email at all. If you think that there are "lies, misrepresentaions, and dishonest practices", this is your chance to communicate them to management. If there are none of these items (you haven't listed any here), than don't bother. Before you label me as a FUD, or scab, or troll, or whatever else you guys use, just try to look at it objectively and without all that managment hate that usually accompanies unions. I'm not defending managment or the union, just trying to shed a different light on it. I am not a union fan but I do read and try to understand thier point of view because that's the most important thing in a disagreement, communication. I think you meeting with "M" would be a good thing, maybe something good would come of it. With respect, Thank you.

I just don't know what to say to you Silver. It's like you didn't read or comprehend his email at all. If you think that there are "lies, misrepresentaions, and dishonest practices", this is your chance to communicate them to management. If there are none of these items (you haven't listed any here), than don't bother. Before you label me as a FUD, or scab, or troll, or whatever else you guys use, just try to look at it objectively and without all that managment hate that usually accompanies unions. I'm not defending managment or the union, just trying to shed a different light on it. I am not a union fan but I do read and try to understand thier point of view because that's the most important thing in a disagreement, communication. I think you meeting with "M" would be a good thing, maybe something good would come of it. With respect, Thank you.

I won't label you as anything, but you statement smacks a little of "head in the sand" syndrome, no offense.

Do you have any idea how hard many of the now pro union pilots worked with, talked with, tried to reason with mgmt BEFORE the union was voted in? There were focus groups, and suggestion email lines, and the DFW meetings back then when we all did our best to communicate in a productive fashion.

This was all thrown away, and now we are supposed to go in there all fat and happy trying to help him improve things? Dude, the IBT1108 speaks for me and has for almost two years now. And will until there is either a contract or the doors close.

Any pilot that doesn't understand that is foolish. You are IN THE FIGHT...right now. Words have proven useless. Fight to win, or throw in the towel, but wishy washy, let's hold hands and see if we can't make things better mentality will only ensure your failure (which, by proxy, WILL mean the failure of this company and you looking for a new job anyhow.)

Anything you can say now, in a DFW meeting will only be used against the pilot group as a whole. You DO NOT want to help Mikey keep his job in any way...he is a scourge. We need a contract, and a cure for MS. Anything short of that, and you might as well be surfing the job sites and sending out resumes because Flops is doomed to fail.

You want to talk about how to improve the company? Engage your MEC members and let them speak for us...period. You don't have to like it, but that is the reality of our situation.

Dude, the IBT1108 speaks for me and has for almost two years now. And will until there is either a contract or the doors close.

Two years of wasted time.

http://airlinesafety.com/Unions/UnionVictoryAtEastern.htm

The "Victory" at Eastern Airlines

January 18, 1991. A date which will live in Union Infamy. That is the day that Eastern Airlines expired, with it's last gasps of tortured breath. That is also the day that the Eastern Employee Unions declared "Victory." That is the day that they celebrate, the day they "won the war" against Frank Lorenzo.

Ernie Mailhot was a ramp worker and cleaner at Eastern Airlines and a "strike staff coordinator for International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 1018 from December 1989 to December 1990." He declared the demise of Eastern Airlines to be a "victory" for all union workers everywhere.

Here are some excerpts, from an article by Mr. Mailhot, which was entitled The Eastern Strike Was a Victory for Workers, copyright (c) 1991 by Pathfinder Press:
After 686 days on strike against Eastern Airlines, rank- and-file members of the International Association of Machinists (IAM) and our supporters registered the final piece of our victory against the union-busting drive of the employers when the carrier folded at midnight on January 18, 1991.

Eastern strikers from coast to coast, from Puerto Rico to Canada, reacted by calling to congratulate each other and going out to airports to celebrate.
The sign I think expressed our feelings the best was the one at the Miami airport that read, "We said we'd last `One day longer.' ".
When we walked out on March 4, 1989, most of the rank and file of the IAM sensed our strength for the first time. The Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) and Local 553 of the Transport Workers Union (TWU), which organized the flight attendants, also recognized our strength and our fighting determination. They joined our picket lines. The unity we had achieved between the unions and the pilots' association greatly increased our initial strength, and, in turn, our confidence.
The unity of the Machinists, flight attendants, and pilots in a major national strike, over a period of eight and a half months, is something that had not been seen in the airline industry before.
Our slogan became that we would last "one day longer" than Frank Lorenzo. This meant that we would never let Eastern run a profitable airline as long as it operated with scab labor. We knew that by achieving that goal, we would help set an example for every other working person in the United States and internationally - our real family, not the "Eastern family." On April 18, 1990, in a victory for all labor, our slogan became a reality. On that day the federal government, through its bankruptcy court, removed Lorenzo from control of Eastern....
After Lorenzo was removed, our slogan remained "One day longer," but it became "One day longer" than Eastern....
Because of our fight at Eastern, a boss who is considering forcing his workers out on strike so he can break their union and lower their wages and benefits will think a little longer before making such a move.
As important as that is, even more important is the impact we have had on the thinking of working people who are inspired by our fight and will come to follow our example.
And that is the thinking of the Kamikaze Union leaders. That is why they deliberately drop bombs on their own ships----Because it is better to destroy jobs, than it is to allow anyone to work of their own free will, without a union contract.

And that is why I have long said that unions do not create and protect jobs----they destroy them. The Flight Attendant and Mechanics unions at United Airlines are now poised to repeat that leap into the Dinosaur Tar Pits, and you can be assured if they do go out on strike----ensuring the total demise of United Airlines----they too will declare that they have won another "Victory for Labor."
Is it any wonder that union membership in the United States has declined from a high of about 32%, in the mid-1950s, to a low of about 8% today, in the private sector? One can only hope that the unions will keep on "winning" those kinds of victories, since the wealth, size and prosperity of the Great American Middle Class seems to keep growing and expanding in reverse correlation to that decline in union membership.

Latest resources

Back