• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what you hear, from what friends told you, from where you've read it in books.

Its all the same. No real first hand experience just a bunch examples from what friends said.

So what the difference in them telling me over the phone and them telling me in the cockpit?

Obviously y'all have know idea what the pilots at Flex are thinking. Its only what y'all have heard, what you have read. Its all the same.

I would personally vote my feelings. However, and I don't mean this as an attack, anybody who votes Republican and is pro-union is a contradiction. You can guess how I feel about the Republican party from my signature.;)

I agree with you on that. Most pilots are conservative and still are pro-union. It does not make sense to me at times either.

You can have Hillary and Nancy. I will take GW and Cheney over them two crack pots any day. Just look where the majority leader is the last few days. She is in Syria, like she is going to stop those A-Holes from doing and hiding all the terrorists. She is just showing her true colors. Kind of like Jane Fonda and all the other liberal commies.

Let me throw this out there. When the Teamsters endorse the Democratic runner for 2008, and you know they will. Are all of you guys going to vote that way because it was endorsed by our union? I for one will never vote for a Democrat, for that matter I will never vote for anyone that I do not believe in just because my union endorses them. We all know that the union will endorse the Democrat.

NEVER. I have NEVER voted for a Democrat... and NEVER will....

OK maybe if Zell Miller runs.

So what the difference in them telling me over the phone and them telling me in the cockpit?

Obviously y'all have know idea what the pilots at Flex are thinking. Its only what y'all have heard, what you have read. Its all the same.

Give it up man. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Of course in an organization of +2700 people they are not all going to agree with everything. To expect this is both foolish and asinine.

Here's one more thing to think about (using your rational). Just because your friends are company stooges doesn't mean everybody there likes it. As a matter of fact, I have a friend who quit flex to fly a King Air. At NJA there are hundreds of guys who either turned down jobs at flex or quit (Captains mind you) to come to us.

I'm not trying to bash flex or to say that NJA is SOOO much of a better place to work (I am a little biased of course) but your lack of experience and public union bashing doesn't even border ignorance. You are far beyond that.

When you have an idea what you're talking about come back for a spirited debate. I would welcome it. Until then, sit back, learn, and look pretty.

Give it up man. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Of course in an organization of +2700 people they are not all going to agree with everything. To expect this is both foolish and asinine.

Here's one more thing to think about (using your rational). Just because your friends are company stooges doesn't mean everybody there likes it. As a matter of fact, I have a friend who quit flex to fly a King Air. At NJA there are hundreds of guys who either turned down jobs at flex or quit (Captains mind you) to come to us.

I'm not trying to bash flex or to say that NJA is SOOO much of a better place to work (I am a little biased of course) but your lack of experience and public union bashing doesn't even border ignorance. You are far beyond that.

When you have an idea what you're talking about come back for a spirited debate. I would welcome it. Until then, sit back, learn, and look pretty.

I agree everyone is not going to be happy there, but as I said before, obviously the majority is happy there otherwise they would be unionized....right?

I agree with you on that. Most pilots are conservative and still are pro-union. It does not make sense to me at times either.

You can have Hillary and Nancy. I will take GW and Cheney over them two crack pots any day. Just look where the majority leader is the last few days. She is in Syria, like she is going to stop those A-Holes from doing and hiding all the terrorists. She is just showing her true colors. Kind of like Jane Fonda and all the other liberal commies.

It does not make sense to me either as to how a person who is a republican can also be pro-union. The union as a whole and the policies that they support go against everything that the republicans stand for. To me if a person is a republican and pro-union, its a compromise of your own beliefs just to get an extra dollar. But of course that is what makes this country so great.....its a persons freedom to do that.

I'm a republican, a union member, and a buisness owner.

I use my experiences in each field across all the other fields.

No compromise here.

After sitting with ALPA for years, I've realized that just like any other bureaucratic organization, unions can become corrupt easily and frequently don't act in their member’s best interest.

Unions are great on paper but as we see from this thread pilots frequently don't act in their best interest. When pilots don't act in their best interest obviously they will bring the entire labor group down with them. Hence, ALPA in the last 6 years.

Democrat or Republican isn't important. You can have either anti-labor or pro-labor viewpoints from either side.

However, each time a union member tells me how much they like Bush I wish I could take back my union dues, such a union will eventually fail. Ask any pro-Bushie (neo-con) how a man like Bush diminishes the chance of a fair contract through the National Mediation Board or PEB as it relates to the Railway Labor Act and they won't have a clue.

I've yet to see a corporation not negotiate in its best interest (i.e. get taken), but I've seen it with airline pilot unions time and time again. There is no excuse for a union man to vote for Bush. It's like having a Marine vote for bin Laden.

I don't have a problem with people voting for whoever they choose. But, someone who is pro-union and pro-Bush has their friggin' head in the sand.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back