Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flythere

Earn Double Miles and Faster Elite Qualification on Popular Routes

Alaska Airlines is introducing more flights in our most popular markets throughout the west coast ... offering you more nonstop flights to the places you need to go.

To celebrate, we're offering Double Elite Qualifying Miles on the following routes:

Between Seattle and:

Las Vegas (LAS)
Los Angeles (LAX)
Oakland (OAK)
San Francisco (SFO)
San Jose (SJC)
Santa Rosa (STS)
Enjoy our excellent service while earning Double Miles to spend on your next award trip, and double qualification towards Elite Status in our award-winning Mileage Plan? program.

To earn Double Elite Qualifying Miles, simply register your Mileage Plan? number below prior to your first qualifying flight, and travel between October 22, 2013 and May 31, 2014.

Learn more about the benefits of Mileage Plan? Elite Status.

It appears AS is trying to one up DL by offering double miles on competing routes with Big Daddy Delta out of SEA. I guess this is in response to DL increasing its SEA capacity!

What's next??

Earn Double Miles and Faster Elite Qualification on Popular Routes

Alaska Airlines is introducing more flights in our most popular markets throughout the west coast ... offering you more nonstop flights to the places you need to go.

To celebrate, we're offering Double Elite Qualifying Miles on the following routes:

Between Seattle and:

Las Vegas (LAS)
Los Angeles (LAX)
Oakland (OAK)
San Francisco (SFO)
San Jose (SJC)
Santa Rosa (STS)
Enjoy our excellent service while earning Double Miles to spend on your next award trip, and double qualification towards Elite Status in our award-winning Mileage Plan? program.

To earn Double Elite Qualifying Miles, simply register your Mileage Plan? number below prior to your first qualifying flight, and travel between October 22, 2013 and May 31, 2014.

Learn more about the benefits of Mileage Plan? Elite Status.

It appears AS is trying to one up DL by offering double miles on competing routes with Big Daddy Delta out of SEA. I guess this is in response to DL increasing its SEA capacity!

What's next??

DL announced their promotion 4 days ago:

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=2142

AS is matching DL's promotion, but enhancing theirs by including all Bay Area airports.

Very interesting!

This battle has been brewing for a while. Each adding capacity in the others markets, etc. I dont know what AS did to piss off Delta, but its getting ugly!

Oh let's see....

SEA-SLC
SEA-MSP
Another SEA-ATL flight.....

ALL for the American codeshare. So the sentiments were started when somebody started reaching into both pockets in the quest to codeshare.

I was thinking RA or BT had a bad round of golf.

In the end.....we are so small that Delta can easily roll us if they want...I would venture that Delta has more pilots on Vacation/Sick leave etc on any given day then we have pilots total.....They will build SEA up and then cut us loose.....Many of us at this airline overstate our importance

In the end.....we are so small that Delta can easily roll us if they want...I would venture that Delta has more pilots on Vacation/Sick leave etc on any given day then we have pilots total.....They will build SEA up and then cut us loose.....Many of us at this airline overstate our importance

Maybe someone will buy you guys.

Oh let's see....

SEA-SLC
SEA-MSP
Another SEA-ATL flight.....

ALL for the American codeshare. So the sentiments were started when somebody started reaching into both pockets in the quest to codeshare.

They also added PDX to ATL, and they allowed a codeshare out of SEA with Emirates. DL flies a lot of pax to India and the ME via their own nonstop flights from SEA to AMS and CDG, and then allows connections to go on KL/AF. (Besides DL's own AMS to BOM flight). A codeshare with EK sure seems like a slap in the face....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Phew! I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way. Delta just announced a quarterly profit that is on par with our quarterly revenue. Beating back a few airlines from SEA in the past seems to give some a little too much confidence. The industry is different now and holding our own in the past against an airline 3 times our size is one thing, but how do we compete with 3 mega airlines that are each 10 times our size today?

Alaska is going to be the last unmerged legacy carrier in the lower 48. All of the other carriers decided they needed to merge to survive and yet little Alaska management wants to stay solo. They are either arrogant, naive, or they have a good plan. I am not so sure. At this point I feel like we are the local store that everybody likes to shop at, but there is a brand new Super Store opening down the street.

Latest resources

Back