One Rate for Comair? Thanx SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ArcticFlier said:
First off, you need to read my post. It was an average!!!!!! ( otherwise known as a form of blended rate).All I'm going by is what is on two web sites. It says that the 135 pays 69 max. The 145 pays 80. XJT guys got a pay raise. Good on ya!!!!!!!! Let's do the math shall we? 92.41+81.69/2=87.05 87.05 is your new average at Express Jet.

AF :cool:

Mathematically speaking, the "averages" idea works so as long as both groups you speak of are roughly broken down 50/50. In another words, it would assume that there are 50% ERJ-135s and 50% ERJ-145s.

However, it is not 50/50, in fact:

30 of the -135s

236 of the -145s (by end of 2005).

Flyer1015 said:
Mathematically speaking, the "averages" idea works so as long as both groups you speak of are roughly broken down 50/50. In another words, it would assume that there are 50% ERJ-135s and 50% ERJ-145s.

However, it is not 50/50, in fact:

30 of the -135s

236 of the -145s (by end of 2005).

I'm aware it's not perfect..................but it does make the point, nonetheless.

ArcticFlier said:
First off, you need to read my post. It was an average!!!!!! ( otherwise known as a form of blended rate).All I'm going by is what is on two web sites. It says that the 135 pays 69 max. The 145 pays 80. XJT guys got a pay raise. Good on ya!!!!!!!! Let's do the math shall we? 92.41+81.69/2=87.05 87.05 is your new average at Express Jet.

I think he was just making it a point that your first "average post" was inaccurate.

TA

Dave Benjamin said:
Whether it's a blended rate or not your managment would be gunning for that $17 million. If SKYW got a new payscale tomorrow with $20 override for the 70 seater do you think that concession demands at CMR would go away?

Quit looking for a scapegoat. We're just not buying it.

The concessions stink, but the blended rates are the only real slap in the face. 90-seat aircraft for $90 an hour MAX? Thats even worse than Mesa and Chautauqua. What other regional airline has proven pilots are willing to work for one rate? Only Skywest. I'm not saying they were malicious in voting it in, I just think it illustrates how a single pilot groups "innocent" decision affects the whole regional industry.

I think a non-blended-rate agreement at Skywest would eliminate the blended rate agreement being forced down Comair's throat. Remember, the judge wants to see precidence. If a pilot group actually voted for a blended rate, he'll think it can't be unfair for Comair to be forced into one.

Look at the Comair future rates and compare them to Skywest's. They are 5% less than Skywest across the board. Freds offered an identical Skywest payscale minus 5%. Now tell me again this has nothing to do with Skywest?

These payrates suck, no doubt. But I don't think we need to worry about flying 90 seaters at these rates -- we're NEVER going to get them. Just more BS from Fred. Delta will (and should I believe) get them, NW is setting up shop for 70s and 90s, and US Air is getting them as well. 90 seat pay scales at regionals are just bait, that's all.

Mid Atlantic's 70s went to CHQ. Not sure what happened to their pilots. About a month or so ago I read that they would be getting 90s. Makes you wonder what will happen to the 90s that Mesa flies for AWA.

I don't think the pilot group should stand for this, this is not a union, I know that alpa would incur penalties for a strike, but who gives 2 cents now, all pilots should just get together and have our own walk out. This is BS

Latest resources

Back