• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

one more year is all I can take!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just don't understand this mid-life crisis career change.

Around midlife you question every choice you made in your life, and you realize you are the product of those choices. You don't think things are so great careerwise and wish you would have made a different choice. Of course at this point, you have those thoughts without having had to pay the cost of the alternative path.

I came close to pursuing the pilot career in my early 30s, but I never got past the financial numbers. At times its not a great consolation. One day though, I plan to flight instruct in my semi retirement. I no longer fly due to cost/time consraints.

Re: What the heck is CSN&Y?

mar said:
Crosby Stills Nash and Young.

Who?

I'm just pulling your chain ya pinko. :)

engima

Uh huh, well, one good turn...

...deserves another:

Dixie Chicks rule!

Ya little nazi.:cool:

Re: Re: Re: Bravo! Well done brother Timebui

enigma said:
Did any of those groups ever play with George Jones? How abouy Buck Owens?

BTW, what the heck is csn&y? Somethink like akus?

Man I need to go put a Flatt & Scruggs disc on the turntable, all of these hippies are corrupting me.

enigma

Don't forget about the country connections from the 70's to rock and pop.

Some people don't know this, but a country boy named Hoyt Axton wrote the Steppenwolf hit "The Pusher," and the pop hit "joy to the world" the one that says "joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea, joy to you and me."

I like Flatt and Scruggs for top notch bluegrass, but I've been able to hang out with Roger Sprung (The Progrersssive Bluegrassers) a few times. A very fine banjo picker. Believe it or not, so is Don McLean. A fretless banjo, no less.

Hoyt Axton.......

Also wrote "Never Been to Spain", one of Three Dog Nights big hits. Hoyt was on ol' Okie.:D

Talk about a hijacking, that's pretty bad to de-rail a wife's cry for advice with bad 70's music talk.

:rolleyes:

...and here I thought we had exhausted the advice part, and we were free to navigate. :eek:

Re: Easy there big guy.

mar Ty Webb said:
According to our alumni web site, he's a 747 skipper at UPS.

He actually graduated in 1988 . . . probably went to UPS after a short stint at Pan Am, but I have to wonder- how is that possible? Let's say he got on at UPS in 1990, would a 14 year number at UPS hold 747 Capt?

Anyone?

Last edited:
I don't work for UPS, but from what I've heard, they pay by seat position and seniority, not aircraft type. So, the senior people want the smaller planes so they can be home more, and junior people can fly the heavier iron sooner than logic would dictate. I heard they had a 25 year old 74 captain a few years back. That could only happen at UPS.

For the pilot's wife, many people would be envious of your position. A lot of pilots who have made it are still single because of the lifestyle and moves, and they would love to have a choice like you have. I also agree that your spouse will be far happier doing what he loves, and his time with you will be far better. You say you understand the flying itch, since you fly, but what if you never could? What if your family obligations prevented it? Could your taking a ground based job help the situation? Would you do that for your family?

Whatever happens, I hope and pray that it works out for you. Good luck.

That's good to hear.

Ty Webb said:
According to our alumni web site, he's a 747 skipper at UPS.

There are so many frustrating stories out of PanAm, Eastern, Braniff and TWA. I'm glad to hear someone actually made a good move.

Cliche for the wife: Luck is when preparation meets opporunity.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back