• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One List for 9E/XJ/Colgan???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's apparent why things have unfolded as they have lately.... Dual qual- well now the "fleet" will be over 1/3 -900's in the same bases. Medical coming up? Well mesaba's bad section of their contract is medical (due to bankruptcy). And ice? I think there are a few fingers to point but the same happened right before Corp bought colgan and has strong similarities to ASA's shelving years back just prior to the skywest purchase.

He who pays has their way- the NMB is still politics. Not to thead drift but mgmt has used 9E's TA1 language for the colgan negotiations and tried to go after 9E's negotiations to try and work towards XJ (medical). XJ has a nice 401k, and other language to be "above average" too. Ironically they become amendable Dec. 2011 and the DL agreement requires the mesaba headquarters to stay intact for 2 years....

Put it all together and you can see why things are the way they are now but predicitng the future is still a crystal ball with no water inside. I think it's stuck on "never compromise savings".

Interesting... to say the least. There are still a lot of ingrediants in this soup that haven't been fully discovered.

One thing is for certain... all three groups must stay galvanized.

V1

We do not have a crew base out in SLC yet. There is talk about one if the flying stays up out there but Delta changes the number of departures too much to justify one right now.

More like the costs before the parking/closing of the Saab bases is too high. Way too many senior Saab captains could bid SLC jet requiring the junior 900 captains now to then have to backfill the Saab for just a few months before they are gone. That would be tons of extra training/type ratings in addition to the moving costs the company would get hit with. Once the Saab bases start to go the odds of SLC jet base go way up.

One list is the only answer...

Relitive senority at each company seams as close to fair as we are going to get.

Yes, I agree the the top guy at Colgan will jump ahead a few years but the large growth at Colgan over the next couple years will allow quicker upgrades for everyone.

Date of hire would benefit Mesaba over both Pinnacle and Colgan.

Fences are fine as long as they dont last too long...<2 years otherwise the benefit of our larger combined list will never be seen by most

From Trenary's speech in MSP sounds like 2 separate companies. Mesaba/Pinnacle. All Colgan A/C to Mesaba. All jets to PCL. Two separate pilot groups.

From Trenary's speech in MSP sounds like 2 separate companies. Mesaba/Pinnacle. All Colgan A/C to Mesaba. All jets to PCL. Two separate pilot groups.

I will stake my career progression on a bet that Pinnacle (cert) will take on all the Mesaba jets, Colgan (cert) will take on any Mesaba turboprops. Mesaba (as far as FAA) will no longer exist... Though the "Colgan cert will be changed to "DBA Mesaba airlines" and that name will live on because of A; the Colgan crash, and B; Colgan already operates both the Q and the Saab, Mesaba's certificate gave up the Saab back in about 1997 or so... it would (as far as the FAA goes) be MUCH easier to send Mesaba Saabs to Colgan than Colgan Q's to Mesaba.....
And as the grand prize, all unions in each company will be "happy" to only go status quo, more likely everyone will take it in the butt one way or another..... lube not included...

I think everyone now sees the writing on the wall with Trenary and company. Just like it is now with Pinnacle and Colgan. Have a holding company, refuse to have a single pilot list and whipsaw at will.

All they are doing is moving the cheese and renaming Colgan to Mesaba.

The band is the same and they continue with the same music. Oh, and they will continue to drag any and all pilot contracts out to infinity...

Latest resources

Back