• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One List for 9E/XJ/Colgan???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is DOH a stated factor in ALPA merger policy again? I know it wasn't during the US/AW thing but didn't UA have it put back in there since?

DOH is not in ALPA merger policy, but longevity was added after the AAA/AWA debacle. However, it's only one of several factors to be considered:

- Longevity
- Status and Category
- Career Expectations

However, the policy states that the above list is only some of the things to be considered, and other factors should also be taken into account to arrive at a "fair and equitable" list integration.

Not if you use the Delta fair.... guy in the top 1% at Colgan ends up in the top 1% of the merged list !!!!

Just sayin ........

Even with a "fair" list of all 3 company's, the majority of Colgan pilots will still be at the bottom of the list when the integration is complete.

Who says Pinnacle management is going to let us (9E,9L,XJ) merge into one single list? I can see them just keeping Pinnacle separate, while merging Colgan and Mesaba seniority lists. Then, if Mesaba's jets come to the Pinnacle side, the XJ pilots that fly them will too and those pilots will get Pinnacle pay and benefits under our current 1999 contract. This will save the company tons of money because the only pilots getting raises will be the Colgan pilots.

I hope I am wrong, but this is Pinnacle management were talking about. They are going to look at every possible angle to see what the cheapest option is.

Who says Pinnacle management is going to let us (9E,9L,XJ) merge into one single list? I can see them just keeping Pinnacle separate, while merging Colgan and Mesaba seniority lists. Then, if Mesaba's jets come to the Pinnacle side, the XJ pilots that fly them will too and those pilots will get Pinnacle pay and benefits under our current 1999 contract. This will save the company tons of money because the only pilots getting raises will be the Colgan pilots.

I hope I am wrong, but this is Pinnacle management were talking about. They are going to look at every possible angle to see what the cheapest option is.

Wow, I'm just not devious enough for this industry...

Well, as 2 year hires are starting to look at CA at colgan, that sounds about right. Sounds like they'll get the benefit of their quicker growth.
Mesaba and Colgan will merge lists. Upgrades at Colgan (the ONLY selling point to their employment) willcome to a screeching halt. Hope the new hires at colgan are enjoying their sh-t pay and sh-ttier schedules

Latest resources

Back