• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One List for 9E/XJ/Colgan???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who says Pinnacle management is going to let us (9E,9L,XJ) merge into one single list?

Seeing as how 9E operates 2/3rds of the same equipments as XJ and Colgan operates the other 1/3rd, I'd say a single carrier petition has a bit of merit. If that's approved, nothing really management can do to stop it, except MAYBE a lawsuit.

So Snap, you've only been a 9E for 3 years? While Seven has certainly approached the facts from a rude, unprofessional, immature and antagonistic point of view, his comments are based in fact. Your company had a rough few years awhile ago and contiuously was rewarded by NWA all the while XJ got screwed. So, from our perspective this was shocking and not something any of us ever dreamed of or certainly wanted.

Now, it is what it is. We move forward as partners and must now realize we all have a common goal. One list, one contract.

Last edited:
With a merged list that would require a merged contract. Anyone want to give the best highlights of their contract that they would consider a must include in a joint contract? For me I'd insist on keeping the min day pay and the 150% for picking up open flying rules we have. (doubt they are better at Colgan and I know they aren't at Pinnacle)

With a merged list that would require a merged contract. Anyone want to give the best highlights of their contract that they would consider a must include in a joint contract? For me I'd insist on keeping the min day pay and the 150% for picking up open flying rules we have. (doubt they are better at Colgan and I know they aren't at Pinnacle)

Medical insurance. Yeah, that's about all our current contract brings to the table that's positive....

Almost nothing at colgan is better than anywhere else but we do get a 3:45 override on 6 holidays per year

Medical and Dental (probably one of the best in the industry) and vacation slides.

Medical and Dental (probably one of the best in the industry) and vacation slides.

Even vacation slide is a little iffy over here. If you're on reserve, why bother? All you're gonna do is uncover more reserve days. I like XJT's where if it touches a trip on the slide, the whole thing is gone. Here, you could slide it 5 days back (or forward) and still wind up losing a day if you're a commuter because you'd have to do 3 legs the day before/after.

It's apparent why things have unfolded as they have lately.... Dual qual- well now the "fleet" will be over 1/3 -900's in the same bases. Medical coming up? Well mesaba's bad section of their contract is medical (due to bankruptcy). And ice? I think there are a few fingers to point but the same happened right before Corp bought colgan and has strong similarities to ASA's shelving years back just prior to the skywest purchase.

He who pays has their way- the NMB is still politics. Not to thead drift but mgmt has used 9E's TA1 language for the colgan negotiations and tried to go after 9E's negotiations to try and work towards XJ (medical). XJ has a nice 401k, and other language to be "above average" too. Ironically they become amendable Dec. 2011 and the DL agreement requires the mesaba headquarters to stay intact for 2 years....

Put it all together and you can see why things are the way they are now but predicitng the future is still a crystal ball with no water inside. I think it's stuck on "never compromise savings".

Latest resources

Back