• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Once a Air Force Fighter Pilot=Never Cool Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, relaaaaax. I actually though Chef's BAC line was pretty funny. My post was an attempt at a friendly retort. I either missed the mark completely or hit a little too close to home.....

It's all good.

Your a class act my friend, Peace.

Koko

Ruminate on this: would you mind keeping the vocabulary down to the 6th grade level please.

Don't fear the English language. Like land, it's the only thing worth owning in this country.

So let me get this straight (so to speak) he rides (snicker) behind (giggle) the pilot (big grin). So he pitches...the pilot catches

Well, unless the dude has an 8-foot schlong that can pierce steel, there's not a lot that he could do in that vein from the back seat.

But, you can feel free to keep fantasizing about it.

Navion? Heck...Mud Eagle I like your style. Got a 62 Rangemaster...what kinda Navion you flown?

Well, unless the dude has an 8-foot schlong that can pierce steel, there's not a lot that he could do in that vein from the back seat.

But, you can feel free to keep fantasizing about it.
I'm a jet pilot, of course I have an 8 foot schlong that can pierce steel!

Not that I would use it in that manner though.

FJ

The micromanaging is what gets me. Had one guy about a year ago spend a whole 3 day pointing out not only my mistakes, but how his mistakes were somehow my fault as well. Kept pointing out procedures that I had screwed up. Problem was everything he was mentioning had been removed from the FOM 6 months earlier. Jackass.

I flew with another retired AF guy (but not a pilot). This guy absolutely went out of his way to make everything as difficult as it could possibly be. Everything from his briefings to coordinating what time we would be at the bar. The guy dropped part of his earpiece down in back of the rudder pedals. Most of us would have just slid the seat back and rooted around until we found it, but not this guy. He made me don the O2 mask, called the A flight attendant up to be "an extra set of eyes while he was head down" looking for his stupid earpiece. I just wanted to say, "dude, chill the fukc out!"

I will say this, I flew all of August with an academy grad (KC135) who was one of the coolest dudes I've ever had the pleasure of occupying a cockpit with. So, I guess you can't judge a book by it's Airforce blue cover.

I flew with a 135 guy from Orlando ( you know who you are ) and he was just a f&ckin tool!!!

OK, I'll take a shot - btw, great post Albie. I don't care what kind of airplane you flew or which service you flew it - fighters, heavies, helicopters...Navy, AF, Marine, Army - if you served, we're probably going to have a good trip together. I didn't say always, I said probably. If you're a civilian, you can be a good dude and a good stick as well...and it can also be an enjoyable trip - but it will never be the same as flying with another military guy - and here's why.

Military guys serve in our armed forces because they believe in our country and our ideals. We choose, when we sign the dotted line, to put our lives on the line if so required, i.e. selfless service. There is a common bond - a brotherhood - that lives deep down in us, whether it was as an enlisted guy in the Army or a fighter pilot in the Navy - that we will always share, and that no civilian can ever understand. It's a silent pride thing - I don't think I'm a better pilot or person than any civilian - but I will always have a place in my heart for the love of my country and all that I sacrificed in order to achieve it. Civilians CAN be true patriots as well - but never to the same "aspect" of the military man - especially one that has lost brothers in both training and combat (which I have and many other military folks on this forum have as well).

As far as flying a trip with a military guy - well, I typically enjoy it more simply because we have a common background. There are a bunch of civilian guys I've flown with as well that are a true joy to hang out with and fly a great jet. But for all the civilian guys on here that badmouth military guys because they're "d*cks, dorks, etc"...never forget he served his country honorably and has lost brothers in the line of duty - and that's something you have never experienced.

As a side note, the book "Lone Survivor" does a great job at explaining in detail what I just said.

Yeah......somehow I think your experiences and that of the SEAL's in lone survivor were just a little different. This thread was comical up to this point as I seem to fly with an equal number good guys/gals from both sides. But your seriously comparing your experiences with that of SEAL's in Afghanistan. I bet The Seal community would get a kick out of that.

Latest resources

Back