Once a Air Force Fighter Pilot=Never Cool Again

coogebeachhotel

Total Time
Wtf do they do to them? All social skills destroyed?

coogebeachhotel

Total Time
Long 4 day?
Many long 4 days with the subset. Micromanage zealots. Just waiting for an instruction on how to wipe my ass. Just about everything else has been dictated.

luckytohaveajob

Total Time
1+
The worst is a blue ring of death. Hi, I'm from the Springs. I am so smart, but I don't know anything about anything. Sexual harrassment, me and my college buddies never worried about it, ha ha, wink wink.

I also find it interesting how few academy grads get fighters. Whats up with that? Even if you don't see the blue ring you can still pick them out of a crowd after a few minutes.

Rook

And shepherds we shall be
Total Time
?
I agree with you there. The worst I've flown with though was a former KC-10 driver, or any ex-marine.
Gotta defend the one devil-dog aviator I flew with at my old company. Was one of the best captains I ever flew with. I actually found out he was a Marine aviator by asking him instead of vice-versa. Cool cat.

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time
Just avoid Jay Beard and you'll be okay.

crj567

I agree with the post about the F-4 guys. I have never met an F-4 guy who was not interesting and fun to talk to.

I have never met an F-15 guy who was anything but a toolbag.

trip

Total Time
Ha Ha! In the jumpseat home one night, 2 F16 types doing Cpt IOE. Third bounce and my ask cheeks are reaching for cushion as 73 finally has enough near downwind runway edge. Sure was a quite taxi-in. Nice guys though. Thanks for the ride ;).

Adiabatic Pilot

Total Time
Tons
Yeh, and they always generalize about all of us former 1900 drivers, just because of a few bad apples.

Metrojet

Total Time
I agree with the post about the F-4 guys. I have never met an F-4 guy who was not interesting and fun to talk to.

I have never met an F-15 guy who was anything but a toolbag.

Sully - ex F-4 driver

Great Guy (and a pretty good airman too!)

Metrojet