• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omni

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes one them is me, obviously you know the other two. Good guys. That was one positive about Omni, they had some good guys working there. It was fun flying with them and having layovers, but the "away from home too long" thing really sucked.

Yeah, it helps to have an understanding wife. But, hey, I got typed in the 757 and it is much better than being a member of the Miami Frequent Furlough Club down on 36th street.

No telling, I haven't ever heard of published mins for either side of the operation.

www.omniairintl.com = 121
www.omniairtransport.com = 135

Speaking from the airline side, we get treated very well, got the full type as a new-hire, and I will be home 18 days this month. It just depends on how busy the operation is and where you fall into the rotation. No-furlough policy and positive-space commuting/home basing are a major plus. The possibility of a 17 or 18 day stretch is there, although some lines are broken up with days on/off mixed.

I really don't know much about the LJ operation, best to check the website and email one in. I think all of the pilots are TUL-based.

Good Luck

I worked on the Lear side for awhile. I really enjoyed it. The aircraft are maintained better than any I have ever flown. OAT is a small department compared to all that is "Omni", so you got to know people really well. I still consider them all my friends. The trips are typical charter trips. You get to know the FBO's at TEB, FLL, VNY, SNA, ASE, etc.. all very well. You get a fun trip about once or twice a month (Bahamas, Cabo, etc..). The company also treats you GREAT on the road, they always got us a rental car, paid for our food and what not. I had a great time.

the caveat: I am young, single, and had nothing else to do but work :) They will work you like a dog! It is not uncommon for the 3am call for an air ambulance flight to poe-dunk-ville. You will also have the pleasure of cleaning your airplane before the next customer gets there, making sure catering/rental cars/and whatever typical charter b.s. you have to do, and don't forget stacking and restacking the hangar when you get back home. But i had a good time. They paid me above average for a Lear F/O. I was a couple months away from school for the 30 series type but I told them I was looking at another job to move on to and they should save their money on me. The whole company is like a small "family" so I think they appreciated that. I still have good contacts there and hope to be able to go back if I ever need work.

You would have to live in Tulsa.

McNugget said:
No telling, I haven't ever heard of published mins for either side of the operation.

www.omniairintl.com = 121
www.omniairtransport.com = 135

Speaking from the airline side, we get treated very well, got the full type as a new-hire, and I will be home 18 days this month. It just depends on how busy the operation is and where you fall into the rotation. No-furlough policy and positive-space commuting/home basing are a major plus. The possibility of a 17 or 18 day stretch is there, although some lines are broken up with days on/off mixed.

I really don't know much about the LJ operation, best to check the website and email one in. I think all of the pilots are TUL-based.

Good Luck

I hear you get issued your own "Little John" when you get hired? is that true? That would be sweeeeeeet!

A "Little John" for what. The DC-10 and 757 has more than enough bathrooms. Maybe you were referring to the Learjet operation.

EMB170Pilot said:
I hear you get issued your own "Little John" when you get hired? is that true? That would be sweeeeeeet!

I said Omni, not Amerijet, haha.

You know, being away for 17 days at a stretch isn't for everyone, but when you are flying rounds between Vegas and Honolulu all month with 43 hour layovers in Waikiki, its tough to complain! Plus never having to jumpseat to work....priceless!

Latest resources

Back