• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omni

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No info from someone that works there? That must tell you that they never get home to check on their computers, e-mail, mail, kids, wife, dogs, mistress, etc. Seriously, I worked there for 13 months about 2 years ago. You would never be home. I don't think you would really like the lifestyle if you have a family or like to be home sometimes.

I've got a friend who worked there and left maybe a year or so ago. Flew ALL over the world ALL the time. Said once he was gone 17 days straight. Some months they went back and fourth to Frankfurt all month and thats all, other months he was everywhere from Brazil to Mongolia.

I believe it's not a "seniority" based upgrade. So I guess that could be good or bad depending how you look at it. I think he made about 40-45 Grand his first year. All PFEs, so no SO's. and it seems to be luck of the draw whether you get the DC-10 or the 757. Both aircraft are ETOPS from what I understand.

Thats pretty much all I've been told by him. He said it was fun, but his wife was ready to split after a year of it. Oh... Lot's of "funny business" with the FAs on overnights, but what else is new.

The DC10s are definitely NOT ETOPS! :)

Are you talking about thier charter dept? They have a Lr45 and a few 35's. I met some of thier guys on the road last week. They seemed to like it but said its "a job".

If you take it for what it is it is, not a bad place to work. The one plus is no jumpseating to work.

Latest resources

Back