• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OMG What will I bid now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hot Lubbock natives and a profitable airline?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT........not. But hey, you do have great pay and fun stews. Ye--haw. Everything else seems kinda boring. Can you tell me where you went on your last trip? Every leg? I can tell you. I had a great trip to Prague. I had a great flight over (slept a few hours after a 1st class meal), slept a bit more, went sight seeing, had a great meal with the other two pilots and a couple of the stews, and then came back to ATL the next day. It was worth close to 20 hours for 3 days work, and I am not stressing the work part. Next week I go back down to Rio for a 36 hour layover that will include pool time and some cool drinks. I enjoy where I fly, and if I get tired of the long haul, I have domestic flying waiting. And if I get tired of that, the 777 and future Sydney flights could be out there. But regardless, enjoy your job, I bet you do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You got that right. :beer: WARNING link NSFW!

http://www.proptalkrugby.com/texastechphoto.html

Do all of those Texas Tech ladies stay in LBB after they graduate? I doubt it. I bet they wait for SWA pilots at the local hotel, and if they snag one they have "got it made." "Come on girls, catch one of those top gunners and an Escalade is YOURS!"

Have you ever seen the girls in Rio, Sao Paulo, Kiev, Moscow, or Dubai? Most pilots couldn't afford them anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Seriously General has it ever occured to you that some of us have "done" the international stuff and all it's "glory" but chose to work for an airline that gives them what we all hopefully came into this silly business for? as in MAX time off n Pay? I've got bubba's at DAL and I have to tell you, your about the happiest camper I know there.

Enjoy Prague and Rio BTW what did your Prague trip pay? Might want to green slip a couple more of those to make up for what you guy's lost during your little stroll thru BK

Cheers

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT........not. But hey, you do have great pay and fun stews. Ye--haw. Everything else seems kinda boring. Can you tell me where you went on your last trip? Every leg? I can tell you. I had a great trip to Prague. I had a great flight over (slept a few hours after a 1st class meal), slept a bit more, went sight seeing, had a great meal with the other two pilots and a couple of the stews, and then came back to ATL the next day. It was worth close to 20 hours for 3 days work, and I am not stressing the work part. Next week I go back down to Rio for a 36 hour layover that will include pool time and some cool drinks. I enjoy where I fly, and if I get tired of the long haul, I have domestic flying waiting. And if I get tired of that, the 777 and future Sydney flights could be out there. But regardless, enjoy your job, I bet you do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, you have some serious issues! Stay away from the Delta gate agents as it's rubbing off on you. Glad I don't have to work with such high caliber people!

Bye Bye--General Lee

This type of post is the reason that I dont respond to your posts. My last trip was great, except fo the Oh-6 that I flew with that wretched his neck everytime we flew over the front range. My 4day paid 32. Our WORST 3days pay 19.5. I dont give two sh!ts if we layover in Prague or Philly, Albany or Amsterdamn, Budapest or Boise. Its one thing..... Time at home. I make great money for hanging out with my family 18days/mo. They, and our friends dont care where I've been. I get approx. 19 opportunites a month to put my kid to sleep. I bet I make close to what your captains do. If you like Prague, good on you. If you like 36 hr/layovers, sweet. You claim to be a debator, you're an instigator. I bit this time, because I am enjoying a beverage on one of my 21 days off this month.
I have worked at other airlines. I have been a long ways east and west. I have eaten funny food and spoke to people that speak funny. I like my 65 destinations.
I am glad that you like your operation. The cool part is that that is what makes the world work. Everyone has a niche. Mine is LBB, and yours Prague.
I am glad that you find happiness that we are drawing down frequency to LBB. I never found happiness in your company screwing the people you owed, taking your pension, or giving you a pay cut.

Seriously General has it ever occured to you that some of us have "done" the international stuff and all it's "glory" but chose to work for an airline that gives them what we all hopefully came into this silly business for? as in MAX time off n Pay? I've got bubba's at DAL and I have to tell you, your about the happiest camper I know there.

Enjoy Prague and Rio BTW what did your Prague trip pay? Might want to green slip a couple more of those to make up for what you guy's lost during your little stroll thru BK

Cheers

It paid great, and I probably make more than you do. Also, my 3 day trips can be worth as much as yours with better layovers and not as much work, and I have done 6 day trips to Rome worth 40 hours--and great pasta there. It's great you flew there in the Military---I bet you wore your green flightsuit out with the tourists.... You looked great Goose. But hey, you were just "playin, playin with the boys"---from Kenny Loggins. Enjoy Midland. I won't ever go there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This type of post is the reason that I dont respond to your posts. My last trip was great, except fo the Oh-6 that I flew with that wretched his neck everytime we flew over the front range. My 4day paid 32. Our WORST 3days pay 19.5. I dont give two sh!ts if we layover in Prague or Philly, Albany or Amsterdamn, Budapest or Boise. Its one thing..... Time at home. I make great money for hanging out with my family 18days/mo. They, and our friends dont care where I've been. I get approx. 19 opportunites a month to put my kid to sleep. I bet I make close to what your captains do. If you like Prague, good on you. If you like 36 hr/layovers, sweet. You claim to be a debator, you're an instigator. I bit this time, because I am enjoying a beverage on one of my 21 days off this month.
I have worked at other airlines. I have been a long ways east and west. I have eaten funny food and spoke to people that speak funny. I like my 65 destinations.
I am glad that you like your operation. The cool part is that that is what makes the world work. Everyone has a niche. Mine is LBB, and yours Prague.
I am glad that you find happiness that we are drawing down frequency to LBB. I never found happiness in your company screwing the people you owed, taking your pension, or giving you a pay cut.

Anyone can file BK--and this aint Russia. If you want to kill people who can't pay back loans, then move there. I didn't like losing pay or my pension, but that is what happens in big business. I hope you never have to go through that. In the meantime, we have emerged from BK and we are doing better, slowly getting back the pay that we deserve. It will probably take awhile, but thanks to your group of Captains who fought so hard for age 65, I think I will have some extra time to make it up. At the same time, you should thank us a bit more for your own payrates, since they were partially based off of ours. To say that isn't true is just wrong. We set the bar, and we unfortunately had worse management that all left with bonuses. That is the way it goes.

You seem to think that I don't get time off. The beauty of my job and seniority is that I can do a lot of different things. I can bid 3 day trips that leave late on the first day (maybe 5pm), and be back in ATL at around 2-3pm two days later, and fly 20 hours. (well rested, well fed) I can also choose a 4 day to South America, but that leaves very late on the first day (9pm) and come back the fourth day very early, usually in time to beat traffic home. In reality, I am gone a lot less than you are. A 6 day trip (some worth 40 hours this Summer with two stops in Rome or Paris)can be the same for the first and last days, but in the middle I get to relax in Manhattan and enjoy great food or a show, or just sleep.

It is great that you enjoy your job, and I enjoy my different job. I just don't like the fact that when I state I wouldn't like to do your job and give reasons, I get the look or reaction from your pilots that I just slapped Jesus in front of them. Mouth agape. But, I am glad you enjoy your job.

One more thing, where did I say "I found happiness" in you guys drawing down service to LBB? I was happy about that? I just said there would be less boring layovers for you. Your company must be doing it for a reason, maybe it isn't profitable in the Fall or Winter. We draw down service to Europe in the Winter ourselves from ATL. It all makes sense in the end.

Anyway, thanks for responding, and I will stop debating you on this issue if you want.(are we debating or am I just slamming a city or area that I just don't really care for? Is that a big deal?) Just don't take the jabs as personal. Me cutting on a city really does make a lot of you mad for some reason. I never did like LBB that much when I went through there....And, I have stated things I like about your company. It is just I would rather have more variety in a few other areas that I do enjoy at mine. (and my own pay really isn't that bad)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General, you have some serious issues! Stay away from the Delta gate agents as it's rubbing off on you. Glad I don't have to work with such high caliber people!

Serious issues? You mean I don't pray to be a Southwest pilot? I don't want to fly multiple legs per day with 25 min turns on one aircraft type for the rest of my life? Well, I guess you are right then. My issues actually deal with where I want to go next in Europe. What should I eat there? Should I buy a new camera and go to some old churches or see the sights? Should I go to the beach wearing a "banana hammock?" All important issues like that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back