• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OMG What will I bid now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do all of those Texas Tech ladies stay in LBB after they graduate? I doubt it. I bet they wait for SWA pilots at the local hotel, and if they snag one they have "got it made." "Come on girls, catch one of those top gunners and an Escalade is YOURS!"

Have you ever seen the girls in Rio, Sao Paulo, Kiev, Moscow, or Dubai? Most pilots couldn't afford them anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Who f****ing cares if they stay after they graduate. The point is they are there at the time. Dude you need some serious help. I give you a link to LBB's finest sans shirts and all you do is talk about your stupid layovers in Europe.

Wow, sounds FANTASTIC. I think you should continue to bid LBB. Sounds like easy flying, and really nice people. That report is NOT the one I heard directly from a Southwest FO a few months ago, who told me that he got really sick on a quesadilla from the hotel restaurant. He proceeded to tell me that the hotel staff was not very comforting, and that he barely made it back to Love Field where he called in sick. He said he had the "faucet" from both ends for the next couple days, and that he wouldn't bid it again, since just thinking about it made him "crown" from his back end.

But hey, if you like going to Lubbock, great. I tend to go for cities that really make me excited about the layover. Certain cities in Europe, like Lubbock probably, have great history, and cuisine that is a lot different than the average American fare. Sure, it can be a bit expensive with the exchange rate, but a lot of our hotels give great discounts too. My last trip involved a 6 day trip to London Heathrow. We left on schedule from ATL at about 1030pm, and arrived into Heathrow at around 1200noon local. I took a short nap and got up and spent 9 hours on Flightinfo.com. Later the next day we left for JFK, which was a comfortable 8 hour flight, arriving at about 7pm. A breeze through customs and we all set out (the three of us pilots) to enjoy a 31 hour layover in Manhattan. We stay at a very nice hotel with free internet, and it is on Madison Avenue, with nice hotels and Times Square nearby, at least that is what they told me. I spent most of the time in my room on flightinfo but did go down to buy a cup of Starbucks at 3 AM and found out is was closed. The next morning we set out for JFK again, for a 7 hour flight to LHR, with a night arrival. During the flight I wacked off and had a first class meal, and upon arriving at LHR (around 910pm), I was tired enough to fall right asleep at my computer debating on Flightinfo.com when I got to the hotel. I woke up the next morning got on Flightinfo for a few hours, got a nice pastry nearby, and got the pick up for a 130pm departure, arriving home at 630pm. For the six day trip we got 34 hours of pay, and I got to see London twice from the Van ride to and from the hotel, which I enjoy, and Manhattan from my hotel window, which I also love. You can't find enough good internet service in NYC. The late departure from ATL and the early departure from JFK had NO delays, and customs was always a breeze.

Bye Bye--General Lee
This is what a typical trip for Gen Lee is like.

Who f****ing cares if they stay after they graduate. The point is they are there at the time. Dude you need some serious help. I give you a link to LBB's finest sans shirts and all you do is talk about your stupid layovers in Europe.

Dude, that is a typical beach in Nice, France. Wake up, we see that stuff all of the time in Europe and especially Rio. You yourself need to go to strip clubs or look it up on the computer when in LBB. In Europe and S. America, it is FREE, and it is right in front of you. Enjoy the internet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It paid great, and I probably make more than you do. Also, my 3 day trips can be worth as much as yours with better layovers and not as much work, and I have done 6 day trips to Rome worth 40 hours--and great pasta there. It's great you flew there in the Military---I bet you wore your green flightsuit out with the tourists.... You looked great Goose. But hey, you were just "playin, playin with the boys"---from Kenny Loggins. Enjoy Midland. I won't ever go there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

LOL you are a Horses A$$.
Keep talking private, someday you'll say something intelligent!
I'm sure it's all cookies n Cream there at DAL don't mind us low lifes flying ittty bitty planes we'll try to keep out of your way...Enjoy

I don't agree with everything Delta does or did, look at our CHAP 11 BK stuff. I thought a lot of that was overkill. But, we got through it. As far as looking in the mirror, I am just telling you my impression of many Southwest pilots on this board and the ones I meet on the road. They are all usually nice, but there comes a sense of "I fly for Southwest, I am a cowboy, I am set, and the 737 is awesome." Hey, not everyone wants to do what they do. The pay is great and the corporate culture is nice for now, but the quick pace and lack of variety is not for everyone. Enjoy it, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

True enough, this place is not for everyone. If you've got a bad case of SJS, you really should stay away. But, GL, it is comical to hear you accuse some SWA dudes of the very thing that you are so afflicted with...namely that you enjoy your job a little too much, don't have much of a life outside it (Mr. 11,500 FI posts & counting), and can't fathom how anyone else wouldn't want to be in your position. YOU, are the one that can't seem to get over the fact that some SWA guys also like their gig in spite of not having the choices that you have. Different strokes....

What a stupid argument it boils down to: "I like my job more than you like your job!" Heck, why not just be grateful we still have ANY airline job in this environment, and just leave it at that? I'll give you the last word (since you always take it, regardless).

Latest resources

Back