• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ole Gardner checking up on Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To be honest when they first started coming out they were so difficult to read I couldn't even make it through to the end. I guess his messages are a bit like Scotch, its an acquired taste. Now that I have read a few of them, I find them to be very comical much like Larry The Cable Guy.

At any rate, if reading it causes you pain, don't read it. For those that can adjust their reading level down a few notches, read and smile.

I figured it wasn't you, because I see you just relay all kinds of things here, no worries on that, people should realize that much. I think most of us, though, would just like some straight info, not some recycled mess that has been edited a bit to fit our situation. I wonder if there is a reverse "Dialectizer" to undo the mess and perhaps "undialectize" the main points for the several hundred that skip the original?

Straight Info

I figured it wasn't you, because I see you just relay all kinds of things here, no worries on that, people should realize that much. I think most of us, though, would just like some straight info, not some recycled mess that has been edited a bit to fit our situation. I wonder if there is a reverse "Dialectizer" to undo the mess and perhaps "undialectize" the main points for the several hundred that skip the original?

Well the straight info is out there in many forms and from many sources. The problem is that for some reason no mater how prolific the distribution and the frequency of dissemination, widespread digestion of the information seems to be a ongoing problem. If even one more pilot gets the message from this illiterate old codger its worth it to spread his message.;)

"Going for the green" Cliff Notes in regular speech

THE HEAD 'N ASS.
I hear tell the head boss gots a terrible case'a the ASS and be getting' mighty desperate. This is good news. It means they recognize that your cause is justified and your demands are fair. My pilot friend showed me a letter he done wrote to all the workers, hintin' yur outfit be on the brink'if'n things don't get better. I been told the head boss at that there NetJets outfit done wrote the same kinda gloom 'n doom letter (And held a meeting with the other employees) just a few years ago right 'afore 'em pilots' new Union negotiated their contract. I can confirm that is true. Families were told that the professional salary would cause pilots to be furloughed. Pure FUD as recent profits show. I wish I had a dollar under my mattress fur each time I seen one'a these kinda' letters 'afore when I be helpin' out pilots over the years at the big airlines. Encouragement not to give in to corporate greed wrapped in manipulative, false concern. Seems like these head bosses always followin' the same script 'n cryin' poor whenever the Union be makin' headway in negotiations, Yes, typical response--don't fall for it. like I hear tell be happenin' fur y'all. That be 'specially true if'n the pilots done made it clear they ain't gonna keep workin' lots more hours fur lots less money than flyers what works at other outfits be makin'. Parity is a strong argument they can't fight with anything but FUD. Today, yur brother 'n sister pilots workin' at NetJets be gettin' paid almost twice what some'a y'all gettin' paid fur doin' the same job, but doin' it less days a year. That is plain WRONG and they know it. You hold the high ground; do them no favors. Even so, their outfit be makin' lots'a money 'n buyin' lots'a new airplanes 'n growin' by leaps 'n bounds. Evidence that motivated workers are more productive. Reality and labor experts are on your side. I hear tell dozens'a yur fellow pilots done quit yur outfit in the last few months Sticks break morale. Insist on the carrots you deserve. 'n many done gots 'emsleves hired on at NetJets. They be happy campers now. Basic fairness and economics at work; the industry standard must be met and that message is being sent loud and clear now. My pilot friend says 'nother one'a these airplane time-share outfits like yurs called "Citation Shares" pretty much done matched NetJets pay fur their pilots so's they wouldn't be losin' 'em. Smart managers and the market place at work. The CS pay raise strengthens your cause, proving you are only seeking parity. It is wrong to expect to get the same professional skills as NJA and CS for bargain basement prices. :mad:

Meanwhile, yur head boss with the ASS ain't yet figured out y'all done drawed a line in the sand 'bout wantin' a contract what brings y'in line with what be goin' on at these other flyin' outfits like yurs. The attrition rate and your unity will make it crystal clear for the FLOPS. I hear tell y'tired'a suckin' hind teat. Who wouldn't be?! Expecting more for less amounts to exploitation by any reasonable standard. Don't be fooled none. The head boss done wrote that letter tryin' to scare y'all into rollin' over 'n playin' dead. Absolutely! And B19 is hard at work spreading FUD all over the frac forum. Coincidence? I think not. Sounds like a coordinated effort to me. He be hopin' to scare y'just 'nough so y'be happy to merely have a job at yur outfit, This tactic does work on the weak ones in the group. During the contract battle at NJA I had a wife call me to tell me I was going to make her husband lose his job. She had swallowed so much FUD she was almost hysterical. She wanted the NJ pilots to take 69K at yr 5. They signed at 90K in 2005 and look where they are now. even though it be miserable 'cause the bosses treatin' y'mean, workin' y' hard 'n payin' y'poorly. They're pulling out all the stops now, trying to break your will. I knows y'all way too smart to fall fur such a pile a horse-hockey. Exactly! You're standing firm and holding the line. Determination is a much admired trait.

It be plain to me yur head boss don't respect y'none. Right, but when you stand up for yourself you earn respect and the bullying stops. Same thing happened to the NJ pilots. they made progress and Boisture got the boot. I been told pilots be quittin' yur outfit to go flyin' at NetJets or some other place cause they can make more money, have better workin' conditions 'n benefits 'n spend more time at home with their families. Yur head boss should'a figured that was gonna happen when 'em NetJets pilots done got their newest contract. The Shares head boss figured it out. It's a simple concept so it is sinking in, much as the FLOPS would like you to think otherwise. I hear tell yur outfit can't hire enough new pilots to replace those be leavin'. Which means that training costs are way too high. Easy answer to that one and they can't deny that truth at the bargaining table. ..... .

History has a way'a repeatin' itself, don't y'know. It seems the same to me, just like the NJ contract dispute. Unlike yur big bosses who ain't always tellin' the truth, I done tells it like it is. Listen only to those who have your best interests at heart, and that isn't MS. I seen in the head boss's letter where he be worryin' some 'bout the economy 'n the recession all 'em politicians in Washington be frettin' 'bout. He want's y'all believin' he be makin' yur outfit smaller 'cause there be less demand from 'em rich folks y'all flyin' here 'n there 'round the country. Self-serving FUD. He warnin' that 'em rich folks be cuttin' back on usin' yur outfit's little jets. NJA and CS prove that's not the case. Treat the pilots fairly and watch motivation rise. Employees can be their company's best advertising. Most gonna breeze thru the bad times without missin'a beat. You guys fly the airlines all the time and you know that the inconvenience, and sometimes downright lousy service, = job security for frac pilots.

In fact, while the average family barely be scrapin' by hopin' their house ain't foreclosed on by the bank, ..... Many frac pilots can't even afford to buy a house... :mad: Economic reality is that average skills earn average pay. That professional pilots gone from home half the month or more are paid blue collar wages is total BS!! Yur head boss also says he worryin' 'bout the price a gas to run yur little jets. Management fees usually cover fuel increases, don't they. Makes you go hhmmm....:rolleyes: ...

Nope, if'n y'asks me, yur head boss be sayin' in his letter that he doesn't have a clue how to run yur outfit, except to run it into the ground. ... He askin' y'all to do yur part to keep the customers happy while he 'n the other bosses be doin' everythin' to make 'em mad, just like he done made y'all mad. This shows that in reality the FLOPS do recognize how valuable your contribution is. What really surprises me is 'em smart folks runnin' that there HIG group keeps a head boss who be such a screw-up in charge'a yur outfit. If'n he worked fur me, I'd'a shown him the boot long ago. Hear! Hear! I been told he was shown the door at the last outfit he worked fur after he done screwed it up to a fair-thee-well. MS has no credibility so don't listen to him.

History is, indeed, repeating itself in the Options contract battle. I wouldn't be surprised if MS does get the boot--just like Boisture did. The powers to be lose patience, see the damage being done and tell the obstructionist to settle with the pilots and get back to work. Before the ink was dry Boisture got the black boot. MS is running true to form and the outcome should as well.

Options pilots hold the moral high ground and have dug in their heels. Let the Fudspinners get the boot! NJW

Old Gardener

I don't even read them, they are too painful. I skim and then delete.

The only message needed:

DONT do overtime (people are still working overtime, they are too ignorant to realize they are hurting their own pockets as well as everyone else)
DONT fly tired
DONT fly hungry
DONT carry write ups
DONT do anything illegal for or against the company

HS

time for a clean sweep of mgt AND communication

I don't even read them, they are too painful. I skim and then delete.

The only message needed:

DONT do overtime (people are still working overtime, they are too ignorant to realize they are hurting their own pockets as well as everyone else)
DONT fly tired
DONT fly hungry
DONT carry write ups
DONT do anything illegal for or against the company
HS

Exactly.
"Bring in the harvest, bring in the harvest, bring it"
Well, it's already been "brought it," at least on our end...let us know if something changes, it doesn't take 2 pages of unread clutter, or another 2 pages of NJW's unsolicited 'advice' or line by line translation (we never said we wanted "Cliff's Notes," which incidentally are typically, at most, 90% shorter than the actual text). Just want the condensed and hopefully updated message to let us know things are actually going somewhere, rather than the same recycled drivel that wasn't even WRITTEN by our reps.

Just out of curiosity how many pilots THAT ARE EMPLOYEES OF FLOPS actually give a *** what NetJetWife has to say? Just more clutter on the board, in my opinion, right up there with B-19.

Could someone please tell me how to filter screen names? I think that's some advice well used at this point with those 2...
We spend enough time out working, come online for info., and it all gets lost in the CLUTTER...hardly effective or efficient.

Last edited:
Exactly.
"Bring in the harvest, bring in the harvest, bring it"
Well, it's already been "brought it," at least on our end...let us know if something changes, it doesn't take 2 pages of unread clutter, or another 2 pages of NJW's unsolicited 'advice' or line by line translation (we never said we wanted "Cliff's Notes," which incidentally are typically, at most, 90% shorter than the actual text). Just want the condensed and hopefully updated message to let us know things are actually going somewhere, rather than the same recycled drivel that wasn't even WRITTEN by our reps.

Just out of curiosity how many pilots THAT ARE EMPLOYEES OF FLOPS actually give a *** what NetJetWife has to say? Just more clutter on the board, in my opinion, right up there with B-19.

Could someone please tell me how to filter screen names? I think that's some advice well used at this point with those 2...
We spend enough time out working, come online for info., and it all gets lost in the CLUTTER...hardly effective or efficient.

Wow! What a combination. Intellectual snobbery and anonymity.

News Flash!! It’s a message board. You won’t find William F. Buckley here. Even before he died he wasn’t here.

Wow! What a combination. Intellectual snobbery and anonymity.

News Flash!! It’s a message board. You won’t find William F. Buckley here. Even before he died he wasn’t here.

...and YOUR name is? Thought so.

There are plenty of intelligent people here already-- just difficult to find them amidst B-19's lunacy, NJWife's complete and utter cringe factor, and the transformation of every freaking thread from the topic at hand to being all about NetJets. News flash, there are plenty of us who don't CARE about NJA, despite their publicity campaign to give that appearance. There are plenty of threads for those who care about the cyclical, temporary high they are on. I don't care to job hop every time the wind turns, as many union REPS already have. Who's left bringing in the harvest now? Ironic.

Latest resources

Back