Old Guy, Low Time - F/E training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
moving2vegas said:
Move your family...for 1500$/month? I wouldn't move my furniture for that kind of money. If your bound and determined to work for peanuts then rent a room, leave the old lady at home, and bail after a few months experience. If these people really valued their employees and wanted to keep them, they'd pay better.

Depends what you want out of it. The airplanes are safe, management's good, and if you're weak on multi time its a great place to go to get 1000 or so ME, then land a better paying job. The money does suck, I agree and after 6 months, the management encourages you to move on, may even help a little. They've been in business a long time, and know a lot of people. I'd never suggest burning any bridges in aviation, so stick out the 6 months, you may have to ask for your job back if you go to a few regionals (NWA Airlink, Mesaba etc.)

I would also suggest Airnet, as you can move into a Lear after 18 months. A handful of my students have gone there, and they're based throughout the Midwest.

I had applied there along with Central, but Central called back first, with faster training etc. and was the better option for me at the time.

Last edited:
As previously posted its a dying trade. Ive just finished 23 years in the FE seat and can tell you its getting harder to find work. You may try, Kalitta, Ryan and there's a few 727 jobs in Florida. There are more out there so you will just have to hunt a little. Good Luck !

Latest resources

Back