Old Geezer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll just thow in my .02.

We all see our service members in the terminals. I have yet to see one that looks beat, overworked, underpaid, or un-professional and I would say these guys have reason to bitch above ALL others.

They are definately overworked, underpaid, and bet they have done alot worse things then fly around America on a flightdeck, yet they all have there sleeves rolled up perfectly, have they shoes shined, hats on if required, and look like a million bucks whether coming or going to war. You can see pride in their faces even though they may have been cleaning toilets in a tent 2 days ago in a desert for $1100 a month.

They have pride in representing our country and in their jobs, no matter what they think of their leaders or how sh!!ty the job is.

When you walk down the terminal and see a Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine coming back from over there, I hope you take notice of their professionalism and maybe think about taking a little more pride in yourself and your uniform.

We all represent the airline pilot profession. Our company emblem is secondary if noticed at all so lets take pride in who we are. The customers trust us with everything they have, the least we can do is look like we care about ourselves, let alone them.

Last edited:
I'll just thow in my .02.

We all see our service members in the terminals. I have yet to see one that looks beat, overworked, underpaid, or un-professional and I would say these guys have reason to bitch above ALL others.

They are definately overworked, underpaid, and bet they have done alot worse things then fly around America on a flightdeck, yet they all have there sleeves rolled up perfectly, have they shoes shined, hats on if required, and look like a million bucks whether coming or going to war. You can see pride in their faces even though they may have been cleaning toilets in a tent 2 days ago in a desert for $1100 a month.

They have pride in representing our country and in their jobs, no matter what they think of their leaders or how sh!!ty the job is.

When you walk down the terminal and see a Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine coming back from over there, I hope you take notice of their professionalism and maybe think about taking a little more pride in yourself and your uniform.

We all represent the airline pilot profession. Our company emblem is secondary if noticed at all so lets take pride in who we are. The customers trust us with everything they have, the least we can do is look like we care about ourselves, let alone them.

Well stated. And while we're at it, how about actually saying "thanks" to our service men and women in uniform? It only takes a second.

SCR

Works both ways.

So I guess the NWA/Las Vegas incident didn't help our cause?

Gramps, you guys set this industry up for failure, you reap what you sow, thanks for getting yours and leaving us your mess to clean up. Enjoy your lifestyle, all who followed are making a living at a job, not a profession.

The only people that set this industry up for failure are the airline management people like Carl Ichan and Frank Lorenzo.

We are long-term players in the industry. We're not just crazy and emotional. We try to be logical business managers.​
— Frank Lorenzo
I can't imagine a set of circumstances that would produce Chapter 11 for Eastern.​
— Frank Lorenzo

United has little to fear from numerous small competitors. We should be able to compete effectively by advertising our size, dependability, and experience, and by matching or beating their promotional tactics. . . . In a free environment, we would be able to flex our marketing muscles a bit and should not fear the treat of being nibbled to death by little operators.​
— Richard Ferris, CEO United Airlines, 1976.
I really don't know one plane from the other. To me they are just marginal costs with wings.​
— Alfred Kahn, 1977.

Sorry guys, but you should show this gentleman some respect. It's not his fault this industry is AFU. I happen to agree with him.

Same here....rather than dragging the guy thru the mud,why not figure out a way to start recapturing all that was lost? Some of the responses to Capt Bud's post show what's wrong with the industry today. Rather than band together and bring the fight to management to recapture what's been lost we all to sit around and point fingers(middle and otherwise ) at each other. Management must be laughing their collective a$$es off. I know I would if I were them.

10 years left...and counting!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

BG,

The problem with Bud's argument is that he addressed it as problem in aviation. I disagree and say that its reflection of the society we live in. You tell anyone who disagrees to be ashamed. Thanks for your input.

So ,you're saying it's OK for us to lower the bar to reflect the "new normal" that has been set by society? I dunno.......

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back