• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Old Geezer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering capt bud.....Are you the same group that created the "B" scale? The "C" scale?? That took their pension and ran? How about that didn't keep in line with "hiring/furlough stats?" Wasn't your age group the same one that pulled up the ladder right after you got yours?
Did you ever fly open time while there were junior guys on the street? Or did you even contribute towards your younger generations "cobra" benefits!
It's real easy to sit behind the keyboard and point fingers.....SEE!

Wow, very well put 737 Pylt, right on the money, great reply.

Now with no hats, ties optional and leather jackets,
I

I wear my hat and the blazer. I take pride in it.

Do we want to command the respect we so richly deserve? We better cinch up the tie, shine the shoes, put on a clean pressed shirt, and proudly wear the hat. You earned it.[/

We have earned it. And I agree it does make me sick when I see unpolished shoes and others that make fun of me for wearing my hat.

People "choose" to work because they need to work. Plenty of people work in jobs they don't particularly love, because they're good at the job, and they need money to live. What makes you think being a pilot should be any different than millions of other jobs in America? Do you think people should only ever work in good jobs? There'd be a lot of unemployment if that were the case. Airline pilots' used to have a great profession. That is not the case these days. Now, it's more of a crappy, low paid job. It just happens to be less crappy than a lot of other jobs out there. If people used pride as their only criteria in selecting employement, there'd be a business crisis, as no one would show for a lot of jobs out there. Many many many people use "holey crap, I've got to find some work, or I'm going to end up homeless" as a criteria for finding a job. Based on pride, there's not a regional airline out there that I would work for because they treat their workers like crap. However, I need a job. You free market types tend to think that the free market applies to labor, too. Do you think the meat packing plants would have trouble finding non-illegal labor if they paid a good wage? They get around the labor side of the free market equation by hiring illegals. A true free market would force labor rates up, but no good millionaire would let a few laws stand in their way. So, please, spare me the utter bullsh!t of "if you don't like it, just quit". People don't quit because they can't quit, because the economy is not free and fluid for labor. It there were so many professional pilot jobs out there, the regionals would go out of business, as all of their pilots would quit and go to the good jobs. Regional pilot jobs are not good jobs. They are just plain old bad-treatment jobs. We work them because we have to. Now the Major airline jobs, while still better, are sliding towards the regional QOL and pay, instead of the other way around, as should have been the case. Try fixing that, instead of harping about people taking pride in a job for which they are ashamed to admit how little they earn in.

Amen!

At this point, I'm ready to round up every awkwardly uniformed, morbidly junior nerd and nerdette and put them in charge, of everything! Make them check airman, chief pilots, flight operations, let em run the union...I don't care! What are they going to do, screw things up? At least we know they won't be distracted worrying about looking less-than-marvelous in their uniform.

I don't know if we can afford much more of these angry, aged "I'm too sexy for my uniform" types.

Nothing new

At this point, I'm ready to round up every awkwardly uniformed, morbidly junior nerd and nerdette and put them in charge, of everything! Make them check airman, chief pilots, flight operations, let em run the union...I don't care! What are they going to do, screw things up?

Yes, just like their predecessors did. Today's nerds and nerdettes are tomorrow's geezers, who will also find plenty of things to be grumpy about. It's been that way for a few thousand years. ;)

People "choose" to work because they need to work. Plenty of people work in jobs they don't particularly love, because they're good at the job, and they need money to live. What makes you think being a pilot should be any different than millions of other jobs in America? Do you think people should only ever work in good jobs? There'd be a lot of unemployment if that were the case. Airline pilots' used to have a great profession. That is not the case these days. Now, it's more of a crappy, low paid job. It just happens to be less crappy than a lot of other jobs out there. If people used pride as their only criteria in selecting employement, there'd be a business crisis, as no one would show for a lot of jobs out there. Many many many people use "holey crap, I've got to find some work, or I'm going to end up homeless" as a criteria for finding a job. Based on pride, there's not a regional airline out there that I would work for because they treat their workers like crap. However, I need a job. You free market types tend to think that the free market applies to labor, too. Do you think the meat packing plants would have trouble finding non-illegal labor if they paid a good wage? They get around the labor side of the free market equation by hiring illegals. A true free market would force labor rates up, but no good millionaire would let a few laws stand in their way. So, please, spare me the utter bullsh!t of "if you don't like it, just quit". People don't quit because they can't quit, because the economy is not free and fluid for labor. It there were so many professional pilot jobs out there, the regionals would go out of business, as all of their pilots would quit and go to the good jobs. Regional pilot jobs are not good jobs. They are just plain old bad-treatment jobs. We work them because we have to. Now the Major airline jobs, while still better, are sliding towards the regional QOL and pay, instead of the other way around, as should have been the case. Try fixing that, instead of harping about people taking pride in a job for which they are ashamed to admit how little they earn in.
I can't begin to tell you how screwed up your logic is. When you have to shuck out $50K to get your licenses and credentials to even apply for the job, you are not on the verge of homelessness. Did some millionaire keep the salary schedule at the regional airlines a secret from you? If you accept the lousy job or continue to work at the lousy job, you are an accomplice, a willing accomplice to the exploitation. And you prove true the exploiter's claim that they don't have to pay alot to get a jet pilot.

Do you have any idea why the major airline job used to be high paying? It wasn't because the airline owners were good hearted guys.

Business crisis? Comparing meat packing (which the postmodern man rejects as beneath him) to airline flying (which would be done for free as evidenced by Gulfstream Int'l)?? Regional airlines going out of business due to lack of pilots??

What color is the sky in your world?

How in the f"k does wearing or not wearing a tie make you professional or unprofessional? People - its a freakin piece of cloth tied around your neck in a special knot - get over it.

Personally i think they look stupid. What make wearing for example a US Air uniform, navy pants and a white shirt bottoned up with eppulates, less profrssional than the same ensamble but with a navy blue silk like piece of cloth tied around your neck?

Seriously - i fly just as safe and professional with my tie as without it.

Get over it people

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back