Ok, take this for what it's worth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Longhorn:

I was not complaining about the food. What I was trying to say is that I feel J/B is working hard to distinguish itself and rise about the mediocrity. Everybody is serving the same food, or lack thereof these days.
But, if the cabin crew acts foolish, and starts making the paying fares feel "uncomfortable", then all we have to fall back on is the TV's. And, when they go out, you folks become no better or worse than everybody else.
Are you going down,,, I hope not. Did I fail the interview, heck no, I'm too old to even apply. Just a GA guy all my life.
I will admit that I got on the plane at my 16 hour on duty, and was looking forward to the additional 2 1/2 hours in peace before my 45 minute car ride home.. So,, I guess I was just cranky.
My appologies if it sounded negative, just my tired observation. And yes,, I will be back.

Hung

Last edited:
Hung Start said:
But, if the cabin crew acts foolish, and starts making the paying fares feel "uncomfortable", then all we have to fall back on is the TV's. And, when they go out, you folks become no better or worse than everybody else.

Maybe it was one of the 5 "old" airplanes JetBlue is getting rid of.

Kinda like trading in your car because the ashtrays are full.....

Not sure what is worse

If you take away the TV's, and the FIVE snacks in addition to the Cashews, and take away the inflight crew's upbeat personalities, then yes we are just another airline. But with nice seats and extra legroom.

Since you chose to have only the Cashews, that was your choice, you had lots of additional snacks available, and in virtually unlimited quanties.

As for the Crew personalities, I've seen just as many flamers on other carriers as on B6, so they are everywhere. But with so many other carriers, where the inflight has no posititive personality at all I'd rather watch and laugh at the flamers than watch the old sky-hags Bi**tch nonstop and grouch at the passengers.

So I'm not sure what is worse, flamers or grouchy sky-hags. On sky-hag flights [my off-line commute], the atmoshere is so depressing watching them belittle their passengers, I'd rather put up with the flamers.

What is really bad is the grouchy old flamers who start to bit**ch and belittle their passengers, sort of like watching Godzilla in attack mode. I've wished for a Nomex uniform during my commute several times.

Thanks for the 'heads-up' about our inflight crews, I'll add a 'tone down the flames' to my crew briefs from now on.

B6Guy

I did a B6 flight JFK-OAK 2 months ago. My boss paid full fare to get me out there, to babysit a plane.

It was fine, I was not overly impressed (I have taken many B6's prior to this). My TV was busted, so they moved me to another seat, no big deal. The service was OK, the number one had a chip on her shoulder, not real pleasant, seemed like a tired old retread. The number 3 in the back was a cool guy, he saw me reading a copy of this old house and we chatted about home remodeling for a bit. What shocked me was he asked for my magazine when I was done with it. Balls.

I would say my experience was fine. I could rip into them over a few things but why? Typically I avoid these threads but this one reminded me of my last flt.

What I realized is that for a lot of us who complain, we are living in the pre 9/11, full service days. Not happening.

The other thing is the clientèle on these flts have really gone down hill. The lady next to me was absolute white trash, her kids were loud and obnoxous and the guy behind me kept kicking off his Birkenstock and putting his bear feet on the seat in front of him(trying to squeeze his toes between the seat) or in the isle for the FA to walk around.

I guess my point is, before I go and rip into the service on any flight not just B6 or AA, I really spend sometime looking around to see who they are catering too. Most of the time they exceed the level required to get Joe 6 pack to where ever he needs to go.

This business has really gone down hill.

Homophobia? That's a nice convenient Hollywood PC word coined by activist homosexuals and their PC supporters to attempt force thought control on normal people. Well, I'm not buying.

Uncomfortable seeing flight attendants prancing around on an flight blowing kisses to each other . . . your "homophobic." Uncomfortable seeing a guy and a gal flight attendant showing public displays of affection . . . well that's different . . . that's unprofessional.

Uncomfortable (actually almost jumping out of a moving cab) sharing a cab ride with a couple of homosexual flight attendants and listening to them talk about packing peanut butter?. . .well, you're homophobic again.

I don't think it was a flame. The guy bought a full-fare ticket, and had a problem with the service. He could have simply "voted with his wallet" and booked on another airline for his next trip. Instead, he took the time to post here, giving JB a chance to "get it right."

Asking your gay employees to curtail their graba$$ing in front of customers isn't "homophobia," it's just good business. The lead F/A wasn't doing his/her job here.

If blow'n kisses to each other is acceptable then will dress'n in drag be acceptable also? God I hope not.

Latest resources

Back