Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
I know this is gong to incite riots among the faithful, but I need to let it out.

I just rode JetBlue down from BOS to FLL tonight, paid regular fare, no free ride. Have flown them many times in the past, and am a regular on Delta, Southwest etc. because we tend to park the plane for a week or so and ride home.
Look, I know service is really hurting these days, but, JetBlue always talks about he "JetBlue" experience. But,, sorry guys, you are going to go the way of the others. Here is why.
We boarded late, ok, it happens. The plane was late getting in, but everybody understands. The flight crew was the first to offer apologies, and it was nice. But, right from the begining it was,,, well,,, awkward.
The cabin crew was 3 guys and one gal. And, these guys were over the top flamers. During the passenger brief, the guys were giggling and glancing, and really, prancing around. If the lead guy slipped on a word, the others would turn around and giggle, blow kisses and such. The people in the row ahead of me, and the people in my row, were squirming, and we all chatted among ourselves. I didn't know my seatmates, and they did not know the people around them. This is your customer!!! The cabin service was sodas and peanuts. No different than any other. And worse,,, the darn TV's were on the fritz. So what I am meaning to say is,,, without the TV's,, JB is no better than any other low cost carrier, and maybe a bit worse. At least on S/W I know the deal getting on. So, the JB experiance is all in the TV, I guess. You best keep them running. Heck, I am no major homophobe, just a regular person dealing in a regular world.
Sorry, JB folks, but that is the way I feel.

Hung

Wow, this is really great information to post on a major airline interview board.

It sounds like you have a problem with homophobia. Are you struggling with making the decision to come out of the closet?

JetBlue doesn't serve peanuts, are you even sure what airline you were on?

Sounds more like a Midex 717 trip . . . .I know, only 3 F/A's, but Chuckie/Einstein/TexasCrotchrot/Lamer/Boris was the flamer riding the 4th F/A jumpseat.

Yup,, you are correct. Cashews. Sorry. And to be honest, I forgot this was the interview board. Maybe the mods will move it.
I just relate this as a paying passenger, take it for what it is worth.
And I live in Miami, if I had a problem with homophobia, I guess I would be talking to myself. I relate the tale as a harbinger of the future, if the whole "experience" continues.

Hung

Last edited:
If it really bothers you, go to Jetblue.com, click on speak up, and let them know so they can do something about it.

1. Flight delayed, crew apologizes: Geez, that NEVER happens.
2. Homo F/A's --- they're on EVERY airline: GET OVER IT.
3. Peanuts --- yeah, definitely not the Lobster & Filet on your Regional.

Yeah, B6 is goin' down "(not-so)Hung" - run for the hills! Good thing you FAILED during your interview so you don't have to live with it....

Well, it’s too bad that your flight went not so good. I will agree that your situation does sound like a poor experience. To our defense, a very small percentage of our flights end up that way. I commuted on us for a while and never saw anything even close to that, but that not to say it does not happens once in a blue moon. I would like to sincerely thank you for writing in. It DOES help. It gets read by marketing, customer relations etc etc. In response to the issues you had, this is what I have to say. The TV’s, they are not perfect and during a months time I would say maybe once or twice do I hear about a handful of TV’s not working. They are always fixed as soon as we land by Live TV. The FA's, if they were blowing kisses and acting the way you said during there PA's then hopefully it will be addressed by your speak-up comments from the website. Although I would consider that unprofessional it is extremely uncommon for that to happen. And last, the food. You will get more on us than just about any other coach service in the US. Hot food, people know we dont serve meals and usually buy food before they board. There are signs everywhere stating just that and recommending airport locals that serve food on the grab for our flights. So, in review, you had a bad flight. It sucks but it does happen. Try us again sometime and I think you will be pleasantly surprised!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back