• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was the Romans who had JC crucified. He was nailed to a cross. If the Jews would have had him executed, it would have been by stoning. So, instead of a crucifix, the goys would be wearing a stone.

Thank you very much!

Blame the Jews for everything.... geez.

Blame the Jews for everything.... geez.

What many Jewish people and many who call themselves Christians don't understand is a true Christian, a follower of Christ, doesn't blame anyone for the death of Christ. We believe Christ's purpose was to come to earth and die for all of us. It is unimportant to me who ordered the crucification, we are all equal in blame.

Christian and Jews are bonded together by our faith and we have much more in common than we differ.

To try to get back to the original thread, I as a Christian, support your OJAP effort and wish you well.

If I was to sell a religion would I try to sell one that:

1. Excludes practically everyone that wasn't born Jewish (unless you go through a year long pain-in-the-arse schooling), has literally thousands of laws that are completely illogical, has a G-d that can neither be named, idolized, or compared to anything tangible or recognizable, judges people by their actions not their faiths, and finally does not guarantee forgiveness for past sins no matter how well you repent. Not to mention guarantees a happy ending to everyone not Jewish, as long as you follow seven easy rules.

or

2. Can include every one on this planet with ease, has a handful of laws - easily followed, has a G-d that is named, identified, and easily recognized around the world, and judges by what you believe rather than how you actually treat your fellow man, and finally will forgive all your past sins including rape, murder, child molestations as long as you recognize JC as your savior. Not to mention a guaranteed happy ending, unless you're not a believer of JC, in which a you die a miserable death (Revelations).

If I was a salesmen, which religion would be easier to sell? hmm...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying which religion is better. I just recognize the reason why Christianity has flourished over the past two millenia while Judiasm has languished at a constant 6-15 million. Not too mention the Crusades, the Papal States, and an enormous prosthelityzing movement in Christianity all but abscent in Judaism.

Am Israel Chai!!

It was the Romans who had JC crucified. He was nailed to a cross. If the Jews would have had him executed, it would have been by stoning. So, instead of a crucifix, the goys would be wearing a stone.

Naw, he would have been nickel and dimed to death! :)

Now dont anyone get mad or try to read anything into this....its just a question; Doesn't being Jewish mean that you are not permitted to work on saturdays? is that everyone from the Jewish faith, or does that only apply to the Orthodox sect or whatever it is.

I never thought about a Jewish person as an airline pilot and the whole saturday thing came to mind, so im just curious.....and im saying so because of the tendancy for this board to get "colorful"....

thanks

Actually, Christians should too... There is quite clear guidance from Paul to do so.....Oh, and also that commandment!

I can't understand we all beleive in one G-d, why do the different denominations need to fight over what is the right way? I always respect others beleifs until they try to shove them on me and tell me mine are wrong. Then I would have a problem with that. If one respects my beielfs, I will be more than happy to respect theirs.

I can't understand we all beleive in one G-d...

Well, that's an incorrect presumption. We don't all believe that.

I always respect others beleifs until they try to shove them on me and tell me mine are wrong. Then I would have a problem with that. If one respects my beielfs, I will be more than happy to respect theirs.
Exactly. I've been called all sorts of things simply because I'm not a believer in any sort of religion or deity. I'm not militant about it, and I don't denigrate others for their belief. Nonetheless I'm the subject of scorn and abuse because of it.

I've been told I can't possibly be a moral person, and that I'm going to burn in hell because I don't subscribe to the someone else's beliefs. I find it highly insulting that I'm presumed less of a person because of it.

I don't get it. But I guess that's because I "don't get it." I'm fine with that, if they'll quit harassing me and trying to convert me to their brand of religion. The guys in shirts and ties knocking on my door really annoy me; I'm not a big fan of door-to-door sales of any kind. I'm always polite, but firm that I'm not interested.

Latest resources

Back