OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cal73cap

I figure there is OBAP and the 99,s. Probably a female airline pilots association out there. So being of the Jewish pursuasion I am thinking of starting OJAP! Our mission statement would be to bring more Jews into the airline piloting profession. We don't need any more doctors and certainly we don't need any more lawyers so I would like to try to convince more of my people to become airline pilots! Any Jew would be able to join, who's with me? Remember, it's OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots not
Jewish American Princesses!

You want to convince more M.O.T.'s to enter an industry where you're not valued for your professionalism and are likely not to be able to retire with dignity? I'd rather see more mensches go into investment banking so they can install rational managers.

But whatever, count me in, but you're going to get shpilchas in the tuchus over this one.

question......

Now dont anyone get mad or try to read anything into this....its just a question; Doesn't being Jewish mean that you are not permitted to work on saturdays? is that everyone from the Jewish faith, or does that only apply to the Orthodox sect or whatever it is.

I never thought about a Jewish person as an airline pilot and the whole saturday thing came to mind, so im just curious.....and im saying so because of the tendancy for this board to get "colorful"....

thanks

Hey! You stole that idea from me and a certain Southwest pilot with whom I once had the privilege of working. We had it all mapped out one night on a long flight to LaGuardia during which we solved all of the world's problems.

I don't think it should be an organization to promote Jews to become pilots. It should be more of a support group for us poor schmucks who DIDN'T listen to our parents and become doctors or lawyers.

Oh well, it's neither here nor there. Either way I'm in! My wife volunteered to design the website.

Oh wait. Do they have to be airline pilots? Could former or furloughed airline pilots be members as well? It would be a mitzvah!

Last edited:
Don't drink that He-Brew Genesis Pale Ale. (The Chosen Beer) We had it at my wife's baby shower. Let me tell you something... whoever thought that Pomegranate flavored beer was a good idea... WRONG.

How about an organization for schlamiels and schlamazels, I'll bring the chicken soup! Count this goi boy in.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Champ42272

Latest resources

Back