• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it makes you feel any better that feeling is not specific to gentiles.

My wife is not a Jew, so the local Rabbi wants nothing to do with my family unless she decides to convert. He won't even return my emails. He went from being the nicest guy in the world when he thought we were both Jewish, to completely incommunicado after he found out she wasn't. Nice huh?

WOW!

If my priest did that I would be ape********************! For me at least, it would be enough to go "higher up" and get to the bottom of this for that kind of behavior would never be accepted in the Catholic faith. I dont know about the particulars of your faith, but nonetheless, being turned down or away like you have from a person of high standing in your faith has got to hurt and be demoralizing...

Im sorry for that, best of luck to you and your family.

Have a sence of humor, please

I figure there is OBAP and the 99,s. Probably a female airline pilots association out there. So being of the Jewish pursuasion I am thinking of starting OJAP! Our mission statement would be to bring more Jews into the airline piloting profession. We don't need any more doctors and certainly we don't need any more lawyers so I would like to try to convince more of my people to become airline pilots! Any Jew would be able to join, who's with me? Remember, it's OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots not
Jewish American Princesses!

That's it! Ostracize "your people" a little bit more. Stand off and divide a group even more. Let's not stop there. If we are to be "politically correct" (such a popular thing to be now days), then we need to have a gay pilots association, and don't forget about african american pilots, and unwed mother pilots, and lesbian pilots against nuclear war, and then married pilots with one blue eye and one green eye.

Can't we all just be PILOTS?

Personally, I think all religions are a bunch of hypocritical BS to start wars over land that isn't fit to raise goats on. Since you are Jewish you know what I am talking about. I think your idea and, for that matter, all fractioned off pilot groups are a joke. Congratulations on being born Jewish. I don't think it means you need your own "club" to feel like you are "part" of something. But I love the hair and those little hats you guys wear.

If people want to be accepted they try to be part of the group, not split into small pieces and then scream "look at me and how different I am! Now give me special consideration because I'm not accepted like everybody else!"

Please just save it! Like Jesus did. OOPS!

Wow, I really went off on that one. Sorry.

Last edited:
For me at least, it would be enough to go "higher up" and get to the bottom of this for that kind of behavior would never be accepted in the Catholic faith.

You must not be much of a Catholic. A Catholic relative married a Protestant and her family and the Catholic Church disowned her. How dare one marry outside the faith?

Religious tolerance is not well known in most religions.

Thank you so much.....THAT WAS THE SPIRIT BEHIND MY ORIGINAL POST EARLY ON! I may not have eloquated myself in the perfect sense, but i was just wondering in general about jews and how their faith plays in with this industry, seeing how it is not 9-5 mon to friday. thats all!

I think the simple answer is that the Jews in the industry are not completely observant Jews. Obviously we can't dictate to our employers that we won't work from sundown Friday to sundown on Saturday each week. I take personal time for the high holidays if I'm able.

I don't think observant Jews would look to this industry (airline) as a career choice.

I'm not a very religious Jew, so maybe someone else has more to say on the subject.

Wouldn't be the two guys in your avatar with the full body condoms on trying to cornhole each other on a bike would it? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Just curious.

FJ

Wouldn't be the two guys in your avatar with the full body condoms on trying to cornhole each other on a bike would it? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Just curious.

FJ

That made me laugh out loud in an empty room!

PIPE

A Catholic relative married a Protestant and her family and the Catholic Church disowned her. How dare one marry outside the faith?

Religious tolerance is not well known in most religions.

I was raised Catholic and there is just so much hippocricy there, I can't even think of stepping into a Catholic church ever again. It's like "God says love everyone but if you are gay or do something we don't like you are condemned". How does that work? What a load of $hit and people just eat it up.

Latest resources

Back