• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please no capers, I hate capers! Hows about a nice slice of tomato and onion with the garlic bagel? And don't be a tough guy, wear a jacket it's cold out! Oh, also for you middle age New Yawkers please bring the Fox's Ubet chocolate syrup for the milk!

How about capers on the side??

I hope someone's bringing the Knish's....

I'm in, so you probably know what 'beytzim' means ;)

To answer your question on being Jewish, hebrew, or working on Saturday. 90-95% of Jewish Americans are like most Americans: religion is simply a tradition in the family, but doesn't affect their daily lives or careers. "Hebrew" is a language and has been so for several millenia. Calling me a 'hebrew' will show me your ignorance and I will lose all respect for you.

There are so many ignorant pilots out there who came straight from the bible-belt south to flying and I'm the first Jewish person they ever meet. I look forward to the day when people don't wish me "Merry X-mas" while I'm wearing my Channuka tie, let alone ask me what's a dreidel. I look forward to the day when I don't have to explain that no, I don't believe JC is my savior. Anyway, let's have an organization for jewish pilots, why not.

Agreed, it must be difficult. I'm not Jewish and have noticed the "bible-belt" boys ignorance for years having attended college in the region. Always amazes me how ignorant people in this country can be. That being said, Judiasm is a religion and thus does not define a race of people therefore I find it interesting that people are seriously considering this. I believe that the Jews are the only people who have(over history) demanded an independent nation based on a "religous" right. Not saying I dissagree but even the Muslims aren't disputing borders based on faith but rather political differences. What is the term, Zionist? I'm not claiming that I'm knowledgable in the arena so a lecture would be appreciated and not taken as an insult. Just trying to see if the idea of a group comes from the historical view that Jews are a people instead of Judiasm is a religion that many people profess. No harm intended, just interested.

IAHERJ

Last edited:
I recently heard of a white pilot going to the Black Pilots Organization (?) meetings. He was the only white guy there. He met a Black FedEx Captain that took a liking to him, and helped him get on with FedEx.

Um, no disrespect but I think you've had this one a while....it's called the Good Old Boys Club and it's alive and well at every airline.

How about the Organization of Lazy Whiner Pilots? OLWP? Instead of getting your FE writtens done, applying at all the airlines, networking, interview prep and going to job fairs, you can all get together and b!tch about how everyone else is "taking your job".

Give me a break. A chick that got hired at UPS before being old enough to drink bitching about a good old boys club?

Right. The man has really kept you down.

FJ

Latest resources

Back