• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm in, so you probably know what 'beytzim' means ;)

To answer your question on being Jewish, hebrew, or working on Saturday. 90-95% of Jewish Americans are like most Americans: religion is simply a tradition in the family, but doesn't affect their daily lives or careers. "Hebrew" is a language and has been so for several millenia. Calling me a 'hebrew' will show me your ignorance and I will lose all respect for you.

There are so many ignorant pilots out there who came straight from the bible-belt south to flying and I'm the first Jewish person they ever meet. I look forward to the day when people don't wish me "Merry X-mas" while I'm wearing my Channuka tie, let alone ask me what's a dreidel. I look forward to the day when I don't have to explain that no, I don't believe JC is my savior. Anyway, let's have an organization for jewish pilots, why not.

Last edited:
Count me in..... I'll bring the Lox platter to the first meeting!

Please no capers, I hate capers! Hows about a nice slice of tomato and onion with the garlic bagel? And don't be a tough guy, wear a jacket it's cold out! Oh, also for you middle age New Yawkers please bring the Fox's Ubet chocolate syrup for the milk!

Last edited:
I'm in, so you probably know what 'beytzim' means ;)

To answer your question on being Jewish, hebrew, or working on Saturday. 90-95% of Jewish Americans are like most Americans: religion is simply a tradition in the family, but doesn't affect their daily lives or careers. "Hebrew" is a language and has been so for several millenia. Calling me a 'hebrew' will show me your ignorance and I will lose all respect for you.

There are so many ignorant pilots out there who came straight from the bible-belt south to flying and I'm the first Jewish person they ever meet. I look forward to the day when people don't wish me "Merry X-mas" while I'm wearing my Channuka tie, let alone ask me what's a dreidel. I look forward to the day when I don't have to explain that no, I don't believe JC is my savior. Anyway, let's have an organization for jewish pilots, why not.

In that case I can't wait for the day when all religions stop trying to force their views on people, can practice religion privately, and stop trying to kill people of other religions just because they have different views. This goes for a majority of religions as there are a few exceptions.

Latest resources

Back