Oil Prices Increase on Supply Concerns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Focus said:
I have not said anything for awhile so I will pipe up here.......China and the United States will come together in the next 20 years to put the oil problem to bed once and for all...combined, this force of military splendor will dominate the East and cause that part of the world to come to it knees. Now how about that Apple.....Focus out.

I really doubt it. If that's what you think will happen. You really dont understand the mainland chinese culture and the way they are.

Alin10, I never did claim to understand their culture or for that matter my own. What I do know is Economics,..... Money........When any society needs raw material to expand they will do what ever it takes...Its actually very simple. Even Rats in a cage will do the same....The weak will loose. Sorry for the very simplistic analogy but I believe you get my point.
Please by no means take the analogy to claim we are RATS......We are simply products of the world we live in. Anyways........Im out...Focus Out.

Focus said:
Alin10, I never did claim to understand their culture or for that matter my own. What I do know is Economics,..... Money........When any society needs raw material to expand they will do what ever it takes...Its actually very simple. Even Rats in a cage will do the same....The weak will loose. Sorry for the very simplistic analogy but I believe you get my point.
Please by no means take the analogy to claim we are RATS......We are simply products of the world we live in. Anyways........Im out...Focus Out.

That may be so. But they will do what they need to do and then kick you to the curb when you are no longer needed. They've got this "i've got what i want, screw you" attitude when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Shortterm memories, The price of oil zoomed shortly after the 2000 elections. The situation in the middle east went sour after the 2000 elections. Put somebody with brains in the white house and give them a box of cigars, The situation will improve.

Last edited:
Seems to me the last so called "smart" occupant was so busy playing with those cigars, he neglected his presidential duties of national and world security.

I seem to recall that our current situation was hatched by terrorists that were in country and planning/training since the late 1990s-(spoiler alert---NOT THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION!!).

But I guess playing grabb-a$$ with interns while killers plot the deaths of 3,000 Americans on our own soil is what you would consider a smart and responsible president.

At least he taught us all the definition of the word "is".:rolleyes:

BTW, in case you forgot, this is the "Majors" board. If you would like to discuss political ideals, go to the "Non-Aviation Chat" board. Thanks for your insightful analysis of national and world politics.

Last edited:
What no one seems to be talking about is the process of turning coal into a liquid fuel. I can't remember the name of the process, but apparently South Africa gets forty percent of its fuel this way! If the Unites States began to get its fuel, including fuel for cars and planes,etc, we'd have 300 years of fuel. I can't remember where I read this but I am seeing it more and more. The US has a boatload of coal. So it seems that West Virginia is in for an economic boom.

LazyB, that's some interesting stuff. It's my understanding that most of Russia's oil companies practically accept it as fact nowdays that oil is inorganic. The theory holds promise, and it would certainly make all of this peak-oil nonsense irrelevant for many, many decades.

Hi!

I believe it's called coal liquification, or maybe gas liquification. It can be done, but it's difficult. What's easier is making oil from the Canadian oil shale. They have decades of supply up there. Unforunately, to change the oil shale to liquid fuel, we are currently using natural gas. To change the Canadian supply to oil would require all the natural gas produced in N. America, leaving none for heating and electrical generation, so that won't work.

We quit hunting for food, and started farming, which was easier and much more reliable.

We need to do the same with energy. Instead of searching for it deep inside the earth, we need to farm the sun's energy (solar, wind, tides, ocean waves, etc.) that literally hits us in the face everyday (unless you're based in YIP).

Cliff
GRB

Remember when Bush said "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists"

Watch the world. It's taking sides for a future showdown.
The WINNERS will be the rulers of the post-Peak Oil world and will use the rest of the oil.
The LOSERS will be deprived of the natural resources they need and their economies will perish and chaos will ensue in their countries.

-China and India are joining together in an "ENERGY ALLIANCE." This was recently announced on their part.
-China and India get oil from Iran.
-China and India have both within the last two weeks made visits to Saudi Arabia and met with King Abdullah about getting oil from them.
-China just started getting oil from Hugo Chavez and Venezuela.
-China has said it will defend its energy interests with nukes if it has to.
-China and Japan have been squabbling over natural gas between their countries and who has the rights to it. Japan actually mobilized their navy for only the second time since WWII for this reason.
-Russia has formed alliances with Iran and has been supplying them with weapons and their nuclear fuel.
-China and Russia have joined together to share coaches and training techniques to assist as their goal of "jointly defeating the U.S.A. in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing"
-China and Russia have run joint military exercises TOGETHER assisting each other to defeat a combined energy in what they called a "WAR ON TERROR" exercise. This was on the ? Peninsula? I can't remember but it was talked about on this site for a while. The exercise practiced using nuclear weapons as well.
-China has been searching the globe for energy resources. China tried to buy Unocal. They get oil from Libya, Venezuela, Iran, Canada, Turkey, Russia and many countries the U.S. sees as threats and enemies of the U.S.
-The U.S. warned China several months ago that oil is a global commodity and the price and who can pay it determines who gets the oil, and that they need to stop trying to secure the oil for themselves with their oil contracts.
-Russia just showed Europe by constricting their natural gas exports that they have control over Europe and that Russia can control Europe by threatening to deprive them of their energy.
-I think Russia, China, India, Iran, and other countries may try to defeat and deprive the U.S. of its lifeblood (energy from oil and natural gas). This would be the first way they'd try to get an advantage in a war.

I think sides are being taken for the next big war when the oil begins to run out.

"You're either with US or with the TERRORISTS"

I think China, Russia, and India are going to be with the terrorists.

China, Russia, and India are joining with Iran, Venezuela, Syria, etc.
Iran has said that the world doesn't "NEED AMERICA AND ISRAEL ANYMORE." I think this alliance is going to try and see if they can defeat us in the future.

Does anybody remember what the book "THE ART OF WAR" is about?
The moral of the book is that the war is won before they begin by the actions taken beforehand. I think steps are being taken to get an upper hand NOW to get set up strategically for the next BIG WAR.

-The U.S. is trying to secure the oil resources so they keep flowing and that they can possibly by military might be directed our way instead of China's etc.
-The U.S. has been increasing the military budget for the "WAR ON TERROR" which I think is cover for the next big war. The same with the "War on TYRANNY"
-China is making ties with the U.S.'s enemies for energy.
-China single handedly is keeping interest rates low in America by buying up all of our debt. If China were to stop tomorrow the U.S. would have to raise interest rates a LOT to get buyers of our debt. Unfortunately the U.S. is weak economically for a war.
-Iran is going to try to open up an OIL BOURSE AT THE END OF MARCH to sell oil in a currency other than the dollar. Russia has also expressed interest in the idea. They said they're going to wait to see how it works for Iran. THIS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN and WE WILL ATTACK IRAN BEFORE THE END OF MARCH. This will hurt the American dollar tremendously and begin an unstoppable downhill slide.
The U.S.'s alliance will be all of the countries that went into Iraq including Britain, Canada, Australia, Japan, and now I believe thank goodness France and Germany are joining the U.S.'s side.
France and Germany are actually two of the leaders in trying to deal with Iran right now.

I say just keep watching the world. I think we're in the beginning stages of the showdown.

Like Alin10213 said Taiwan and Japan with China could spark a showdown. I personally think that if there is an Iran showdown that China won't step in right now, but oh they want to. Russia, Iran, and China might have something up their sleeves, but I hope not. I think the U.S. is smart strategically to get into Iran now to take away Iran's ability to hold the world hostage as the oil resources begin to decline.

Let's hope the OIL MEN and WOMEN in office can pull it off.

There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than any of us know about. The world is a lot more dangerous than any of us can imagine. Not everyone are nice guys.

Jet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back