• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Offered captain on Dash8 @ Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend down here in CLT is doing some of the interviewing and hiring for the street captain positions...Its true. They are hiring direct entry Dash 8 captains. I havn't heard any of the qualifications of the applicants, but they are hiring them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are still hiring street CAs on the Dash. There have been less people going through as CAs then expected. I know the 7-11 class had 4 less CAs then originally expected. Also all 12 planes are supposed ot be online in Dec.

Hisig536 said:
A friend down here in CLT is doing some of the interviewing and hiring for the street captain positions...Its true. They are hiring direct entry Dash 8 captains. I havn't heard any of the qualifications of the applicants, but they are hiring them.

so does that mean the -8 will be in clt and they are interviewing there, or he lives there and commutes?-batfish

1900 FO's cannot bid Dash CA... fence prevents that as well.

The only people that are working in the JFK Dash-8 operation are either senior D8 FO's who upgraded to D8 captain (few), or are street hire captains. All of the D8 FOs for JFK are new hire FO's.

flyboy23 said:
I have just been offered a captain position on the dash 8 at mesa. I have heard a lot of bad things about Mesa and I wonder if it is worth going to work for them just to get Captain. Any info on weather I should go to another airline and work as or first officer for a while, or would it be better to take the captain position with mesa would be greatly appreciated!!

Flame! Now go back to flying a Dash 8 on your MS Sim game poser.

A friend of mine got a street captain job at mesa in the 1900. He had 1800 tt with 700 multi and 0 turbine, 0 121. It wouldnt surprise me if they are hiring street captains.

I can't believe this is going to work out well in the end. I hope the reality is that they are hiring reasonalby qualified captains. At skywest you need 2500TT and 1000 crew turbine to upgrade.

Scott

sstearns2 said:
I can't believe this is going to work out well in the end. I hope the reality is that they are hiring reasonalby qualified captains. At skywest you need 2500TT and 1000 crew turbine to upgrade.

Scott

Mesa does has a similar requirement, but like everthing else at mesa it is "waiverable at the the discretion of the company".

If they ever actually start operating -8's up in new england this year it should be just in time for winter! That could get real interesting with a 1500 hour MEI on the left and a 200 hour San Juan Wondergirl on the right...

rickair7777 said:
That could get real interesting with a 1500 hour MEI on the left and a 200 hour San Juan Wondergirl on the right...

Werd.

So, ahh... What's this RIGHT AC BUS light mean, anyway? Nuthin. It'll cross tie. We're good; that's what the BBPU is for, right?

Suuuuurrre is a lotta ice out there. One week I'm watching it freezing rain from inside the FBO, the next I'm watching in the flight levels! WOOHOO!!

So ahh, we've got no antiskid now, right? Uhh, yeah. So what do we do? Well, we'll land on the short runway and use reverse; who needs brakes!! OOooh, good idea- be careful though, approaches with an ECU in MAN are goofy.

If you are very confident in your ability to study and memorize everything there is that has to do with a Dash 8, fly a very strong sim ride which will either be a type ride or combo type/ATP ride.... if you are positive in your mind that you WILL not get a pink slip, I say go for it. Here's the caveat: Is you current job a good flying gig? IF you don't pass the training at mesa and get a pink, what will you do...will your current job take you back? What about the problems of having a failure in your training record?

Of course, if in your mind you are positive you will be successful in this training endeavor, go for it. At the very least you will get typed in the Dash...you will be a reserve for a long time but you don't have to stay at mesa forever. Ask yourself if you are ready for this step. If you are, make that airplane your biatch and carpe diem. I wish you luck, my friend.

Latest resources

Back