Just registered last month

Civ/Mil: civilian
A/C Flown: Commander, Cessna 414
Ratings: Commercial, CFI, MEI
Total Time: 1850

Piston twin time.
I doubt Mesa is that desperate.

sflax said:
The street hire captians is do to the company not allowing FO's in the jet to go to the prop.

Are you ********************t1n me? They can deny a jet FO the chance to upgrade in the Dash?? That is the mose assinine thing I've heard of in a contract yet.

Mesa, you boys have got to do better.

nope, not a joke for those guys. they have contract fences so the only people who can upgrade in the dash are dash fo's. Must have had one hell of a good MEC to get them that in their contract. Its almost like the went into the meeting with JO and said "please bend us over"

If you have the hours and you can get through the training, go for it! Get your PIC time and go elsewhere after the 1,000 PIC mark if you can.........

Someone showed me a pic of a Dash 8 recently added to the Mesa lineup at JFK that had come from Air Canada Jazz. It was equipped with EFIS which surprised me - I thought all or most of Mesa's Dash 8s were super old and entirely analog... So, a fresh Dash 8 captain could also get some glass time I guess.

Dave Benjamin said:
Probably flamebait....

Just registered last month

Civ/Mil: civilian
A/C Flown: Commander, Cessna 414
Ratings: Commercial, CFI, MEI
Total Time: 1850

Piston twin time.
I doubt Mesa is that desperate.

Agreed. i am calling BS on this 1. there are some piemont fo'a who went over there who have to wait for captain spots after they were told that they would be able to be hired on as pic.

twighead said:
there are some piemont fo'a who went over there who have to wait for captain spots after they were told that they would be able to be hired on as pic.

That might be just the scumbag way MESA operates, though. Still- a Dash captain with that experience? Holy crap, that's frightening.

johnsonrod said:
So, a fresh Dash 8 captain could also get some glass time I guess.

Should I make a new column for the EFIS planes in our fleet? I'll label it "Who Gives A Crap," and see if that gives me the edge...

Mesa is an alpa carrier, so the company cannot "promise" you a captain position. Since the jet FO's are seat-locked in the jet for life, it is possible to be awarded dash CA in training IF there are no senior dash or 1900 FOs who want it...but there are no guarantees.

Hi!

I'm sure Mesa IS that DESPERATE.

I was offered a 121 captain position (at a different airline) in a twin turboprop with about 1700 hours TT, almost 0 FW PIC, not to mention 0 FWME PIC and 0 TT turboprop, AND not having flown in 10 years.

It's getting very difficult for the lower-end airlines to find enough bodies for their classes.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back